Debunking The 'Myth' That Foreign Women Are Better Than Western Women

• Thread starter Retrospective81
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Retrospective81

As some of you may know. There is a lot of talk on the internet and on this forum that men, from western societies such as America and the UK, Struggle with finding a partner here due to some of the things they complain of being feminist, demanding women etc.

Well, I'm here to debunk what is simply just a 'deluded myth'.

Having had many conversation with my female friend, Meenakshi in India and a few others from what thee men refer to as 'Eastern cultured women', she explained to me that even women there displayed the negative attributes of some of these 'western women' these men on the internet complained about.

These men seem to think that 'nice women are exclusive to India, south east Asia and developing countries. That simply is not the case.

Look at the women of the Philippines and Thailand? it's a known fact that there is sex tourism in these 2 countries and that it is very rampant. Surely, it contradicts the very myth that these women are anything like the 'so called women' that they have problems with in the UK/US.

The point I'm trying to make is that ANY country, no matter if it's of eastern or western philosophy and societal value, Has its share of different women. Its truly implausible and unrealistic to think that women from another country are nothing like some of the bad women that these men claim to meet and have experiences here or in America.

Sadly, I was also one of the 'deluded few who thought this way and I have no problem admitting that because, I'm human. I make errors of judgement and also, because I believe in integrity and honesty. I also want to apologize for that.

Thankfully, I have awoken over the past 6 months and I see how flawed and very destructive that this logic of thinking is. I can only move forward and onto a more 'open state of mind'.

Women aren't any different from country to country. You meet good ones and unfortunate as it is, you meet bad ones. Always a bad apple or two in a bunch. The same can be said with us men too! This isn't just relegated to some women!

I want to encourage any men on this forum to look around you and to not et caught up in this destructive pattern of behaviour against women. If you do, you will damage your reputation with yourself, others and will miss 'golden oppurtunities' to meeting good women 'closer to home'.

I'm not a 'Mangina' or a 'white knight'. Just I think of myself as an honest, realist.

In the end, as leaningintothemuse said below, 'women are people' just like you me and everyone in the world. We all have different expectations and attitudes. Also, as he stated, it is 'depending on the environment that they grew up in' whether that being certain family values, morals etc.

* This post has just been edited due to a crazy time in writing it and also to correct and include anything I may have missed out :D

Women are people. People are different, depending on the environment they grew up in.

It has nothing to do with country. It has to do with people.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Women are people. People are different, depending on the environment they grew up in.

Exactly the point I was trying to make. Thank you for adding on what I should have said in concluding the article. I chose a bad time in writing it up! - 10 minutes before my commute to work! :D

Oh and it ahs some spelling errors! I need to correct them! :p

Retrospective81 said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Exactly the point I was trying to make. Thank you for adding on what I should have said in concluding the article. I chose a bad time in writing it up! - 10 minutes before my commute to work! :D

Oh and it ahs some spelling errors! I need to correct them! :p

Also In the last paragraph I included what you said about women being only people. I liked it so much I wanted to make what you said a part of the article as it was of real value to me. I hope that's alright :)

Altough I can see where you are coming from, I think the way that you imply it, it sounds as if you imply that no one on this forum is trying hard enough or that we men here are all narrow-minded and do not open our eyes. The fact is that you might not know anyone that well on this forum. I see where you are ocming from but I advise you to, in the futrure, describe things more "open" without giving other people the impression that you have a prejudice.

I just don't see why this has to be a debate.

I see a lot of angry and bitter men on these types of forums. I used to be one of them. I think the only thing that changed my mind was that I simply can't change what other people think about me. If I'm not destined to be in a relationship, I can't control that. I can only choose to act on whatever life and God throws my way.

I wasn't trying to show that I had a prejudice or indeed, debate with anyone when writing this. If anything, it was more of a therapeutic article that I written for myself to see how I have progressed more than anything.

I wasn't getting at anyone in particular here either. It was more of a 'don't make the same mistakes and misconceptions I did' advisory to anyone who may have the mindset or is thinking of adopting at it that led me into confusion, disappointed and disillusionment with a lot of thins at that very time.

I'm not saying anyone here at this moment has that 'mindset' either and I apologize for the manner in how this may have come across.

I'm not the most constructive in writing threads and I never and don't intend to offend, criticise or put down anyone here either. It was just recalling things I had seen previously seen here too going back to even before I joined here.

Note to the mods, if you feel that this thread may turn nasty or into a debate, then please, close this discussion. I only had the best intentions in writing this article based purely on where I have come to in my life and how I have progressed from the person I used to be and to me, the personally 'destructive mindset' I think I once had.

I just really wanted to share my experiences here and maybe offer help and hope to those who may be feeling the way I did. I wasn't intending to 'point fingers' at anyone here. Again, if this thread has the potential to hurt or offend then I can only graciously apologize and ask for it to be closed if it is only going to go down a negative path. It was never intended to be as such.

Latest posts

Back