Deppressed...not sure

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Games

Reaction score
Just been talking to an occasional workman that I've seen off and on over a long time,talking decades.He always gives you a big smile when he starts and even bigger when he goes.We always have a quick chat then crack on with work. I can't remember what I said but he was straight into how he hates his job ,he's done it all his life, and why he would never bring children into this life ,his main point if I'm so unhappy and how bad life was,they would be unhappy too,he repeated this several times.He said I would rather do nothing saying the rich have it all and how happy they must be.He did mention it being November and all that but it was just like a barrage there was not alot I could say.The couple of times I said can't you do another job or sell his business he couldn't do cause he wasn't the owner,I thought he was , he just wants to do nothing.He's got a girlfriend and is about 50 and did have a illness near death thing three years ago.

I suppose I was talking just at some time about how someone I knew had left his wife of 25 years after inhering pots of money and running off with another woman,I can't remember if before or after he started.He said he couldn't understand why people long time married can do that.I love my job so made out how bad mine was,I just didn't essentially know what to say to him, it I suppose being such a shock to hear it all something I'm not used to.

Also for some reason I can only see the positive majority of time...maybe because my wife is my only real friend and as I said rarely don't like my job.I said oh well hope you have a good weekend but he replied I work them too so I said tentatively have a good Christmas and he said have a good one too.He gave me a big smile as he left as big as the one he gave at the beginning. Therapists must hear so much of this how they deal with it I dunno.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back