Depression and fried foods.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This article is depressing. 😉
I don't eat that much fried foods, mostly baked ones. However, 12% and 7% respectively isn't a very big jump in statiscs. I also didn't see anywhere in there nention of thise who actually consume the same when coping with anxiety or depression. I'm talking about say, french fries or fried chicken, for example.
I'm also a bit puzzled. The article mentions 140 000 individual, but the actual control group for the Smiles study from 2017 which is the source article, only mention 67 people in the control group? Did I miss something?

Maybe slightly off topic, but I've spoken to people before about the diet of "feral" people in society and their rubbish diets, which affect the brain development, and their propensity to breed. So what ends up happening is that society gradually gets dumber because the "ferals" are outbreeding the more intelligent folk who tend to keep their families smaller, usually.

This article is depressing. 😉
I don't eat that much fried foods, mostly baked ones. However, 12% and 7% respectively isn't a very big jump in statiscs. I also didn't see anywhere in there nention of thise who actually consume the same when coping with anxiety or depression. I'm talking about say, french fries or fried chicken, for example.
I'm also a bit puzzled. The article mentions 140 000 individual, but the actual control group for the Smiles study from 2017 which is the source article, only mention 67 people in the control group? Did I miss something?
Two separate studies. The newest one, which sparked the article was done in China.
https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2221097120
The 2017 study was, I think, done in Australia and New Zealand. https://bmcmedicine.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12916-017-0791-y?mod=article_inline

I've actually been trying to eat healthier lately, so I've cut back on fried foods. Instead, I've been enjoying more balanced meals like pasta with ham and cheese. It's a delicious and satisfying option that helps me stay on track with my goals. Plus, I find that it's a great way to incorporate protein and carbohydrates into my diet without overdoing it on fried foods.

Last edited:
I've actually been trying to eat healthier lately, so I've cut back on fried foods. Instead, I've been enjoying more balanced meals like pasta with ham and cheese. It's a delicious and satisfying option that helps me stay on track with my goals. Plus, I find that it's a great way to incorporate protein and carbohydrates into my diet without overdoing it on fried foods.
Kudos for being healthier, but I would like to point out that ham and cheese are processed to hell and back, as well as loaded with salt and saturated fats, which also aren't good for you.

I'm not saying I never have bad foods (not ham, I'm vegan. lol), but keeping it in moderation is the key.

Latest posts

Back