Depression meds

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, Im sure it would make you feel better in the short term, im more thinking about the come down effects. Like any high you will always come down harder.

I also seen a documentry on how they can actually make you more depressed

anyone taking Lexapro?

some of the side effects include nightmares and hallucinations.....very vivid dreams, I hate any type and all kinds of dreams.

Im looking lol at the bottle and scared to take it. I cant believe myself. Why the f*** I even went to see them even though I know shrinks don't work.

sigh

Ive been taking lexapro for a while and i haven't had any problems with it, i've only been taking about 10mg, but it's been working alright for me, everyone is differnt of course

evanescencefan91 said:
Ive been taking lexapro for a while and i haven't had any problems with it, i've only been taking about 10mg, but it's been working alright for me, everyone is differnt of course

no sideeffects at all? any nightmares?

For a while is how long?

Hi Soph,

I think it's good you're researching your medication. :) I was thinking of starting a similar thread. I'm happy you started this one. :)

I'm currently on Paxil 20 mg. for anxiety/depression. I started taking it about six years ago, this time for about one year, then I took myself off of it. I wasn't working and I was much happier at home. But I went and got a job, then my Dr. put me back on it in 2004. I was ok for quite a while, and last summer I started having problems with side affects. I told my Dr. I wanted to get off of the Paxil, he told me to cut the dosage in half and I had physical side affects, zap like feelings in my body (drove me nutty) and the feeling of my feet slipping on oil, but in reality my feet were not moving. So again my Dr. put me back to the 20 mg. dose. Now I'm having emotional issues with the Paxil. I am becoming very depressed and have had suicidal thoughts. Once again I'm taking myself off of the Paxil without consulting my Dr. (not that I know what's best) I found when I researched what others did to wean off the Paxil was to cut the dose by very small amounts. So far so good the physical side affects are at a minimal, with the emotional side affects I have to stop and think about things and not make random acts, and I find activities to keep me positive.
As far as my Dr. goes, he makes me feel like pain and emotions are all in my head so I'm talking to family and friends to find a new Dr.

Panda said:
Anyone taking anti depressants? or have had any experiences with Citalopram, good or bad? I've been put on them (20mg) by my doctor recently so just wondering if anyone's got any experience with them.
I was on meds before this and they were a complete nightmare so I had to stop taking them, which is why I'm trying these now.

thanks,
soph

Latest posts

Back