Depression?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Wanderer

Reaction score
What do I have to be depressed about... hm... well... lets see...
- I live alone and rarely go out. Even before covid.  
- I have no friends. I have three people I barely talk to online who wouldn't know if I disappeared.
- I have achieved really nothing career-wise so far.
- My inner monologue tells me to kill myself constantly. I imagine situations where I am another person, free from the endless shitstorm that made me like this. In those daydreams I'm just a normal person with a wife and a kid.... and they're proud of me. He tells me to read him a story and I feel the ghost of the feeling of contentment that salves the emptiness for a short time. But who I am today could never have that... I am too broken and too mutilated. I keep going out of spite, a stubborn refusal to give in, a faint hope that I can still go down swinging. That maybe I can still end better than I began.. 
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]- I really don't have anyone who cares what happens to me. Which, you know, is fair enough. Its not like I meet many people.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]- People seem to generally not warm to me. Which I never really got, I mean, I always try to be warm and humorous. 
[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Anyway. I'm fed and healthy. I suppose thats something. 
I just really would like to have a laugh with someone.   [/font]

All of the things you mentioned can be changed. But if you don't stick around in this world, it can't be. Keep trying. It's never too late to change your life.

And no it's not easy. As a matter of fact, it's **** hard, but it's worth it.

Here are a few steps I took after I was diagnosed with a major depression and an anxiety disorder nearly three years ago.

- I try to do physical exercises regularly. If I can do it in nature, it's better.
- I sleep a minimum of height hours every night.
- I take omega 3 supplements every day and I also eat lots of fish.
- I try to take enough sunlight every day. If I can't go outside, I use my light-therapy lamp.
- I practice a few hobbies regularly.
- I try to improve my social life (This is the aspect I have the most difficulty with).

I would also suggest you to read this book:

- "The depression cure". Stephen Ilardi.

I hope this helps!

To have food, health and other things you need to live is not just something, to some people it is everything. And some people wish that they can have some. I have met people who literally do not eat every other day and they are so appreciative for little morsels that they find. Being grateful for little things that we have can help us live a better life.

There are many people who are all by themselves and are satisfied with their life. The secret is that their happiness does not depend on other people. People around us die or move away and if we are not dependent on them we can move on. We long for what we see in others, we long for what we do not have, but focusing on what we do have makes a huge difference.

DarkWoods said:
- I try to do physical exercises regularly. If I can do it in nature, it's better.

There is a Japanese term called:  Shinrin-Yoku 
It has been studied that walking in nature (forest bathing) can reduce stress levels and blood pressure,  strengthen immune and cardiovascular systems, boost energy,  mood, creativity and concentration.🌲🌳🌿🌱   I try to walk in nature as much as possible too!

[/quote]

StarDust said:
DarkWoods said:

There is a Japanese term called:  Shinrin-Yoku 
It has been studied that walking in nature (forest bathing) can reduce stress levels and blood pressure,  strengthen immune and cardiovascular systems, boost energy,  mood, creativity and concentration.🌲🌳🌿🌱   I try to walk in nature as much as possible too!

You are absolutely right about that. I have read multiple articles about this.

Latest posts

Back