Destiny?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definition of destiny

1 : something to which a person or thing is destined : fortune wants to control his own destiny. 2 : a predetermined course of events often held to be an irresistible power or agency felt that destiny would determine their future.

I reckon Destiny is a real thing.
A drunken car-wreck could've been avoided, if I'd obeyed my intuition...
32 sober years later, I cannot right that wrong.
I think you are mistaking the topic Destiny for the word Regret, if you believe you were Destined to hit that car and that it was out of your control, maybe entertain the notion that yes there are forces that are out of are control, but this was not the case for this subject. You have what is called (free will) you had the choice to drink and drive but you ignored your (intuition) as you put it and there was a accident. And you are venting your (Regret) which is understandable you have this feeling of regret.
remove your video thanks

you have no empathy for my tragedy ??????
As for this subject you are also mistaking empathy for sympathy
empathy: the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
sympathy: feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune.

they sound similar but they have different meanings what you are looking for is sympathy why? because empathy is not a thing that the one that is feeling the pain looks for in a person, It's the feeling given by another person to the person feeling the pain not forced but given. But I have both for your pain if you do not believe me that is up to you, I respect it just like you feel like you wish to sensor my video which had no bad intentions in it what I was trying to show you was that your title to this thread and your post about destiny was not a accurate description of what Destiny is at least not to my understanding. (Maybe I'm right maybe I'm wrong)
Definition of destiny

1 : something to which a person or thing is destined : fortune wants to control his own destiny. 2 : a predetermined course of events often held to be an irresistible power or agency felt that destiny would determine their future.

Destiny : the hidden power believed to control what will happen in the future; fate

if you believe this notion of Destiny you might also wish to look up free will.

Free Will: the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion.

and if you don't believe you have it well, I am truly sorry that you feel you don't have control over your actions or your life, but I understand that if that's your belief I will respect it. Again, have a nice day...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back