Devastated

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Broken

Hello, everyone. I think I'm starting to loose my mind. Me and my girl broke up after living together for 5 years. She found a new guy soon after, but all I do is thinking about her. 4 months have passed now, and she's the first thing on my mind when I wake up and when I go to bed. I dream about her in my sleep a lot lately. A few times I've almost broken down at work and I feel constantly lonely and depressed, and I have a lot of suicidal thoughts. I know I should probably see a shrink, but I can't afford one since I tend to drink away my money instead at this point and I just have a huge anxiety when thinking of seeing one. It feels as if I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown or something. I can't enjoy my life, and I haven't felt so lonely my entire life. I'm 27 years old, and I cry so much over my lost love. I have a good job, a nice apartement, family and friends, and still I'm so amazingly unhappy. I just don't know what to do, because I can't take this much longer.

Hang in there, my friend. It may not seem that way now, but it does get better.

Actually, one of two things happen. Either you meet someone else and end up deliriously happy and then wonder how you could ever have been such a moron to fall for your old love in the first place, OR you never really forget her, but the pain gets duller and you end up being comfortably numb.

Either way, you survive.

Time is the secret sauce, friend. Trust me; I've been comfortably numb for a long time now. 15 years, to be precise.

I have a wife, a healthy income, and will have a child anyday now. So hang on and aim for one of the those two goals above. I tried for the first, but ended up with the second in spite of my best efforts [Believe me, I gave it my best]. I hope that you will get to the first. There is no reason not to, unless you are a deluded fool like me.

I hope that you are not.

Stay off the alcohol. Doesn't help any.

Latest posts

Back