Dick Head Doctor!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188522

Reaction score
After my physician's visit yesterday, I spent the day of overeating and drinking. My doctor visit was to receive some blood work results. I was with my partner in the exam room. I was horrified when he told me I had herpes. I asked him ( to give myself an out) if the virus could lie dormant in your body for a long time. Dr. J replied, "I don't know," but here are the test results, and proceeded to wave them in my face. My mistake happened more than fifteen years ago. I had not admitted to it. I feel that receiving such damning news should have been told in private. He did not care what mental harm this would cause me. I would have preferred to tell my partner in an intimate setting. The arrogance in a waistcoat could not take a moment to pull me aside. I am still fuming today and just wanted to vent. Thank you, the forum, for letting me vent. Please don't judge me for my one-time mistake.

Yeah. That wasn't very professional of him to do that. I'm sorry it went that way for you. Also, everyone on the planet makes mistakes. Don't sweat it.

After my physician's visit yesterday, I spent the day of overeating and drinking. My doctor visit was to receive some blood work results. I was with my partner in the exam room. I was horrified when he told me I had herpes. I asked him ( to give myself an out) if the virus could lie dormant in your body for a long time. Dr. J replied, "I don't know," but here are the test results, and proceeded to wave them in my face. My mistake happened more than fifteen years ago. I had not admitted to it. I feel that receiving such damning news should have been told in private. He did not care what mental harm this would cause me. I would have preferred to tell my partner in an intimate setting. The arrogance in a waistcoat could not take a moment to pull me aside. I am still fuming today and just wanted to vent. Thank you, the forum, for letting me vent. Please don't judge me for my one-time mistake.
Most people would have done that in their youth, more than once. It's part of basic ethics and awareness to consider the situation before discussing sensitive information of that nature front of someone's partner.

Last edited:
Definitely should have asked you if it was okay or not FIRST. I went to support my, at the time, girlfriend to her gyno. The doctor asked her if it was okay to speak in front of me or not. She said yes. That's how it's supposed to work.
Thank you so much for your reply. I am thinking hard about changing doctors

Most people would have done that in their youth, more than once. It's part of basic ethics and awareness to consider the situation before discussing sensitive information of that nature front of someone's partner.
Your reply is much appreciated!

People have no class anymore, these days. I have no idea what gives. I don't understand it one bit...

I would imagine the proper procedure, would have been to create a private setting for you, give you the news, straight, and matter-of-factly, IN PRIVATE, and then inform you of your options and give you some guidance as to how best to go about dealing with it.

Not cool..

Anywho... The circus must continue..

Pretty sure there is a thing called doctor patient confidentiality, so he had no right to say anything in front of someone else. He should have told your partner to get the hell out (seems like what that particular doc would say) before saying anything. I would call and complain about him.

But yeah, honeysuckle happens. I don't think any of that type of thing is nearly as...."taboo" as it used to be. How did your partner take it?

Pretty sure there is a thing called doctor patient confidentiality, so he had no right to say anything in front of someone else. He should have told your partner to get the hell out (seems like what that particular doc would say) before saying anything. I would call and complain about him.

But yeah, honeysuckle happens. I don't think any of that type of thing is nearly as...."taboo" as it used to be. How did your partner take it?
My partner was OK with it. However, I still suffer from his little digs. They get less often every day. I feel guilty, of course. I am working on finding a new doctor in my area. Thanks, Callie.

Latest posts

Back