Do any of you life a life totally alone without ANY friends or family?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm not sure to be honest. When I'm offline I have conversations with different forums members as if we were actually communicating. I've created personalities in my head for each of them based on how they respond on this site. It's actually quite comforting. Sometimes I say something outloud and laugh as if I was actually speaking with them. At this point I will say I'm not crazy because I realize that I'm doing that. In another decade I might not be able to distinguish if I'm really communicating with them or not. I think then I could say that I'm crazy.

But, I really don't have a problem with that because by doing that I never really get lonely. I have all these people in my mind that I'm communicating with. To be honest, I think it would be great just to be completely in my own little world laughing and talking to the NICE forum members, skipping the names at this point, detached from reality while someone cleans me up after I crap all over myself and takes care of everything for me. Reality is over rated.

FYI: Since I joke around alot I should point out that I'm not joking about what I just typed, hence no Ha! ha! ;)
I have that as well and I am glad to hear, that I am not the only one. I am so used to it, that it becomes normal to imagine interactions with others and talk and laugh with them.
Now I'm curious about the jokes you've made (^_^)

I have that as well and I am glad to hear, that I am not the only one. I am so used to it, that it becomes normal to imagine interactions with others and talk and laugh with them.
Now I'm curious about the jokes you've made (^_^)
Ha! ha! I was already thinking that I should something like: Syke! I don't do that. Nobody does that. I just said that to get you to admit to doing it. It's only you! Ha! Ha!

I thought about it last night and I realized that I do that with almost everybody. If they are inside my head I interact with them. Maybe that's why I rarely feel lonely. My brain is interacting with lots of people.

Now, I'm wondering if other people that are alone and don't feel lonely do the same thing. They might even do it and not realize it. Maybe that's the key to not feeling lonely while one is alone?

Hmmmm. Maybe I should copyright a catch phrase and sell a product for $19.99 on TV as the cure for lonelyness. Hmmm.

Hello,
I am new. I live in Seattle, WA, USA. I have never had a lot of friends in my life. I am 52 now and very lonely. I do have a sordid life because I am one of those cursed women that got an enormous amount of the wrong kind of attention from men. They all just wanted to use me, not love me. This attention, though, caused women to not want to be my friend. So, at the end of the day, I felt abandoned by both genders. Using someone for sex is not friendship.
I have two adult children whom I adore, and I see them every couple months or so. Usually together. I haven't had sex since 2015. I am asexual and that makes it even harder to find a mate. I have been on many dating sites and the men all have very high libido's and want lots of sex.
I do have 3 or 4 'friends' but we only text. I rarely see them. I am extremely poor. I am on disability, actually, and that is another huge turn off for a relationship. I always struggled to go to school or keep jobs because of bullying. I was targeted and harassed, and it made my life very difficult. Because of that, at 52, I have no money.
I finally snapped in 2015 and ended up in the mental hospital and on meds. I am doing better now, and I am off the meds, but I am still poor. I am trying to start my own online business, so wish me luck there. It will give me a chance to interact with people and make some money.
I am talking to a man that is 20 years older than I am and has a low libido due to previous cancer treatment. I hope it works out. I hate sleeping alone. I was born very social and outgoing but because I looked like one of those females that is seeking male attention (I wasn't) I was abandoned by other females. It is extra hard for me to be alone as I love loving people and being kind and good to people and I am deprived of that. Anyway, thanks for listening.

Hi Non Usual. Your post totally resonates with me. But I did always want the male attention probably due to abandonment by three fathers, which only clicked in my mind a couple of years ago. I am also on benefits due to my crippling anxiety and my need for people not to get to know how crap I am in life. I've also on and off for several years attempted to start an online business but I don't seem to have the ambition - just the dream. I always just switch my life off and read. :rolleyes:.

I'm thinking if you are using the free dating sites, that is going to attract the men who want sex. Other websites such as eharmony and Match are better but you have to pay for them.

I have no interest in meeting anyone - I don't want anyone to get to know me and how useless I am. It's all well and good for therapists to tell that's not true, but they are just reading from a script.

Hi Kris,

I agree. I have been to several therapists, and they just keep blowing smoke up my butt about how they are sure there must be someone for me out there, but there isn't. I've looked! There is one guy talking to me on a website called 'RomanceOnly' but he lives in another state. The good news is, we are both asexual. I am extremely lonely. I miss being married, but I don't miss the sex AT ALL :(

Nobody wants a middle-aged woman on disability except to use her for sex and I don't want that. I have also tried Match and eHarmony and it's the same. The men want sex. eHarmony kept charging me for months after I cancelled my membership! I finally had to go into PayPal and cancel the payments. I found a couple female friends on Bumble that I am getting together with for dinner(s) now and then. it's nice.
As far as starting an online business, it's not only time consuming, but expensive. I am working on it today. I am trying to create a website that serves as an engine for income, so I can work once and get paid forever, but that is everyone's dream. We'll see if it happens. Too bad we don't live closer, we could sit together and work on our websites together.
Thanks for writing back! I appreciate it. Be well.

Hi Kris,

I agree. I have been to several therapists, and they just keep blowing smoke up my butt about how they are sure there must be someone for me out there, but there isn't. I've looked! There is one guy talking to me on a website called 'RomanceOnly' but he lives in another state. The good news is, we are both asexual. I am extremely lonely. I miss being married, but I don't miss the sex AT ALL :(

Nobody wants a middle-aged woman on disability except to use her for sex and I don't want that. I have also tried Match and eHarmony and it's the same. The men want sex. eHarmony kept charging me for months after I cancelled my membership! I finally had to go into PayPal and cancel the payments. I found a couple female friends on Bumble that I am getting together with for dinner(s) now and then. it's nice.
As far as starting an online business, it's not only time consuming, but expensive. I am working on it today. I am trying to create a website that serves as an engine for income, so I can work once and get paid forever, but that is everyone's dream. We'll see if it happens. Too bad we don't live closer, we could sit together and work on our websites together.
Thanks for writing back! I appreciate it. Be well.
Finding the right person is nearly impossible for some of us. I've given up. Good job for continuing the search!

On the funny side, I wouldn't want you for sex. I would want you for your disability payments and the future never ending income! :cool: Ha! ha!

LOL. I am hardly wealthy enough to be anybody's sugarmama! I can't even be your Splendamama, I am so broke. haha. Maybe if my website takes off, I can afford to pay for some handsome man to NOT have sex with me, lol.

You two are funny!! I've been grinning at some of the posts on here.

Non-Usual - Ooh I love the whole website thing. I'm pretty good at SEO, especially for super niche stuff if you want to know anything - maybe PM me as I'd be interested in your ideas (so I can nick 'em, haha not really). I literally have no motivation because the stuff I've been thinking of to make money doesn't interest me. I'm only interested in the paranormal and serial killers so I'm a lost cause. The a sexual guy sounds promising though - I'm sure you've looked at platonic dating sites?

I have only one mother, no other family or friends or coworkers.
Finding the right person is nearly impossible for some of us. I've given up. Good job for continuing the search!

On the funny side, I wouldn't want you for sex. I would want you for your disability payments and the future never ending income! :cool: Ha! ha!

That's smart. You can have an asexual partner for income and a side chick for sex. lol

Hi Kris,

I have been on all the platonic and asexual sites for 12 years! There are almost NO asexual men out there. They all want sex. I will PM you later about my website and see what you have to say.

To U-22, I am female but if I won the lottery, I would have no problem bringing on a 'gold digger' as long as he was a nice guy and he could have sex with anyone he wants (except me). If I do win, I will go on one of those websites and find myself a male sugarbaby :)

Hi Kris,

I have been on all the platonic and asexual sites for 12 years! There are almost NO asexual men out there. They all want sex. I will PM you later about my website and see what you have to say.

To U-22, I am female but if I won the lottery, I would have no problem bringing on a 'gold digger' as long as he was a nice guy and he could have sex with anyone he wants (except me). If I do win, I will go on one of those websites and find myself a male sugarbaby :)

I missed the "if" part :) . Had to read twice. I buy lottery tickets sometimes. The thought of winning alone makes me very nervous. I wouldn't know what to do with any of it. I'm so used to not having and not needing much that i don't even want anything anymore. I have everything essential. Few in my circle tell me often if they win they'll buy me a house, give me money, take me with them. I laugh. What can i say. They won't give me snow in winter and i don't need their house or money. You'd be one cool sugarmommy for your sugarbaby lol

How odd that men should join a platonic dating site looking for sex. You'd think if they wanted easy access to some hanky panky, those sites are the ones they'd avoid.

How odd that men should join a platonic dating site looking for sex. You'd think if they wanted easy access to some hanky panky, those sites are the ones they'd avoid.

I avoid those sites like cancer. Signed up for tinder a few days ago with a fake pic to see if my female neighbors are on it. Sooooo many prostitutes. Not safe.

No, i dont have friends. i don't need them.
and i don';t like most of my family anyhow. they plot against me to deny me freedom and a life, and only to keep themselves happy. i'm in the process of planning a recalibratioon, which should be complete soon. Like in a family gathering, the topic of focus would be me, and the others like it since the heat is off them. and this happens in every situation we meet. they're cowards. they cannot handle simple "how are you? oh, so work's going well??" they've been spoilt and entitled. we're not entitled to anything. they cannot handle petty knocks in life. honeysuckle happens. like i went to a footbal game a few weeks ago, and on the train somebody got ill and i had to call an Uber to get there before kick-off. i missed like three minutes o fhte first half but such is life. i cannot control that. they have no logical reason to oppose the recalibration, other than their egos. maybe they need to go to therapy to learn rudimentary social skills and resilience.

I was alone over years and I know the feelings very well. Especially on Christmas Eve I was at church and I saw all those families and couples around me and felt bad.
I never had a long relationship and my longest friendships were somehow with people, who were histrionic/narcissistic and there was always a great emotional distance and I was used very often.
Now, whenever I talk with someone new, it's not that easy to me to fight the thought, that this isn't going to Last or if it's going to last, then it's unhealthy in a way. I have problems to believe in good relationships.

Like many on here I have no friends, no relationship and even though I do have family, they pretty much have nothing to do with me accept my mother. I’m 47 now and the loneliness is killing me but at the same time I feel I don’t have much in common with other people, I like talking about philosophy, religion, or politics. I find general chitchat boring and meaningless. Most of the time I don’t think most people even like me.

It would be nice to finally find my tribe or at least a good friend.

48 🇬🇧 I could be dead for months, nobody would notice, or at least not until they needed something. When they need something, the whole neighbourhood is my friend. When I need something, there is nobody.

I have my daughter, who'll be 15 later this year. She autistic, currently in care, and has not uttered a word to me since June 2020. Throughout her teenage years, it became increasingly sporadic.

My mum lives across the park from me. Our relationship largely revolves around her dependency on me. Although, whilst she entertains or holidays, which is pretty substantially, I am pretty much ignored.

I have two friends who visit, an alcoholic and the other also autistic, I used to teach him 19 years ago. Both come her for their needs, not mine.

There is another distant friend. Good company, loyal. However, the onus is upon me to travel there, and typically fix things whilst there.

And then there is my dog, she keeps me sane. Although I say this guiltily, she is nothing like my previous dog, who I still pine for.

This my current association with people is based entirely upon what I can provide for others. I don't know how it became this way. I started to notice it a couple of years ago, and cut out a lot of people. And now, I don't know what my next move is, or whether I have the energy for another move. I could be surrounded by people by the afternoon, is I just switch on my smile, and started solving problems for them. But, I'm done with that!

48 🇬🇧 I could be dead for months, nobody would notice, or at least not until they needed something. When they need something, the whole neighbourhood is my friend. When I need something, there is nobody.

I have my daughter, who'll be 15 later this year. She autistic, currently in care, and has not uttered a word to me since June 2020. Throughout her teenage years, it became increasingly sporadic.

My mum lives across the park from me. Our relationship largely revolves around her dependency on me. Although, whilst she entertains or holidays, which is pretty substantially, I am pretty much ignored.

I have two friends who visit, an alcoholic and the other also autistic, I used to teach him 19 years ago. Both come her for their needs, not mine.

There is another distant friend. Good company, loyal. However, the onus is upon me to travel there, and typically fix things whilst there.

And then there is my dog, she keeps me sane. Although I say this guiltily, she is nothing like my previous dog, who I still pine for.

This my current association with people is based entirely upon what I can provide for others. I don't know how it became this way. I started to notice it a couple of years ago, and cut out a lot of people. And now, I don't know what my next move is, or whether I have the energy for another move. I could be surrounded by people by the afternoon, is I just switch on my smile, and started solving problems for them. But, I'm done with that!
I also wanted to add;

In the days of Facebook, I'd have hundreds of "friends" , yet the same dozen or so people would be my main respondents, with the same responses irrespective of post subjects.

Instagram was much the same. Any pictures I was proud of, or anything person, utterly ignored. Post a picture of my cute dog, and suddenly numerous comments and likes from.around the world.

Like I do technically have friend's IRL, 3 of them who I've known since primary school, I however haven't really seen or spoken to them in God knows how many Years now though. One I'll occasionally see on Steam and he'll message every now and then but usually Months will pass before any contact.

Even online there's people I know but not sure how many I would class as or call friend's and they don't really know me due to me finding it hard to let people in.

Oh and 35 England I guess xD

Latest posts

Back