Do any of you life a life totally alone without ANY friends or family?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Alone all my life through. Never had any friends in kindergarten, elementary, middle, high and now college, not even plain colleagues I chit chat once in a while. Well, I kind of do but we just don't click and end it shortly afterwards. Never had a girlfriend or any sort of romantic experience. Mute all the time, talking only when I have to talk to. Nobody acknowledges my existence in the first place apart from family. Troublesome social behavior, I was fairly unsuccessfull at meeting people. Most of my life I lived in plain isolation from society and people but I got used to this long time.

The only thing which kept me up was getting internet friends instead but even then it feels they're just electrical people somewhere on the world you have no connection to. If I had the possibility to meet up with them I would.

Last edited:
With the exception of a few ppl I'm not close to much of my family. I feel they don't understand me and judge me. (Not to my face, of course. 🙄) [It "helps" to have passive-agressive siblings.]

I have one close irl long-term friend and a few online. Oh and I have 2 dogs & 1 cat. It'd be great to have more friends if possible.

I do have my family, they live a couple hours away by bus though and they're messed up, it's not like I can have much of a conversation with them about anything. Most the time I visit my dad is drinking special brew in the afternoon and my mum is staring at her phone all day. I only really go because I like the bus journey and it gives me an opportunity to do Japanese flashcards (can't concentrate as well at home)

Other than that I don't have a single friend either irl or online.

Hi all. I've not been on here in years and forgot I was a member. So, once again I've just finished a riveting book, which is my way of escaping the problems of life, so today I've been bordering on a panic attack. When my situation hits me, my stomach churns and I have this awful empty disconnected feeling which makes me wonder why I should continue living. I don't know ANYONE that lives their life alone. No workmates, no friends, no family. Even worse, I don't know anyone who's like me and doesn't get anything out of general chit chat. I find socializing petrifying and no way can I let anyone get to know me.

In a nutshell, is there anyone else here who is anything like me?

I feel you and I totally understand. I wonder though if there is a way out of this prison of disconnect ?

Hi all. I've not been on here in years and forgot I was a member. So, once again I've just finished a riveting book, which is my way of escaping the problems of life, so today I've been bordering on a panic attack. When my situation hits me, my stomach churns and I have this awful empty disconnected feeling which makes me wonder why I should continue living. I don't know ANYONE that lives their life alone. No workmates, no friends, no family. Even worse, I don't know anyone who's like me and doesn't get anything out of general chit chat. I find socializing petrifying and no way can I let anyone get to know me.

I do have my family, they live a couple hours away by bus though and they're messed up, it's not like I can have much of a conversation with them about anything. Most the time I visit my dad is drinking special brew in the afternoon and my mum is staring at her phone all day. I only really go because I like the bus journey and it gives me an opportunity to do Japanese flashcards (can't concentrate as well at home)

Other than that I don't have a single friend either irl or online.

Hi. I do know what it is like to be in your situation. I was working from home full time, never meeting anyone through work, and no colleagues, now and then I would get an email from a staff member or client but that would be quick and work only. I have no family whatsoever, and had no friends at all locally. But one of my first thoughts was to keep busy - the busier you are the less you dwell on it and the quicker your day goes - it also means you achieve something - whether that is helping twelve clients, or earning enough to pay the bills or whatever. The second thought was that we need hope. I put advertisements in the local newspaper saying I was seeking a female friend that I had things in common with where we could go out about together sometimes to cinema, theatre, meal out etc. I knew the odds of someone suitable replying were almost nil, but the hope kept me going. Sometimes I would hear from someone who clearly had nothing at all in common with me, and it was clear to me it would not work, but they would have met just anyone with no thought to that, and I knew that would happen. And, of course, being a woman I often heard from men who were after sex, even though I said straight females only. I continued this boring and lonely life for a long time, just lurching from one day to the next. Then one day I needed to call in some builders and decorators to do up one of my houses. This very nice guy came along about doing the work, we hit it off, we have loads in common, we have similar attitudes about life, we are now happily married and have been for eight years. You can get there if you put your mind to it. What I find really weird and ridiculous is that if you tell people you have no family whatsoever they say but you must have, have you not got a sister, or brother? surely your parents are alive? and interrogate you over it as if you are lying or forgetting that you have family! Also, if you tell someone you have no friends they say well thats ok cause you have your partner. Which is ridiculous. You cannot spend 24 hours a day with your partner. And it would get pretty boring spending all of your time with any one person anyway. Talking as if you only need one person in your life is ridiculous.

I am 20
dad died in february 2021.
mom left back in august 2019.
me and my brother aren’t close cause of problems of the past.
I left my home country for my studies in 2020 and been alone ever since. No new friends, I tried tho. And I don’t mind being alone really but ofc you get hit by the feels sometimes but it goes away the next day, really got used to it. I work on the weekends too I am nor particularly shy, I think maybe I am a loner. My contacts list is literally 5 people and I dont talk to them at all + I don’t have any social media. Sometimes I don’t use my voice for extended periods of times (hours- couples of days).

Latest posts

Back