do people even care anymore

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could live next door to your besty & not see 'em for a week!
Too busy, too tired, too broke, etc.

Now is the time for self-reflection & self-improvement.
Dig into your creativity & various studies.

Make your serenity your daily choice. 💫✨🌷

Social media and smartphones put an end to community.

Sorry, but I would slightly disagree with this, but please do hear me out as to my reasons why. Obviously you are entitled to your opinion as is everyone, but let me just share another view point. :)

I think that you are partial correct, social media and smartphones (and we should blame the majority of people that use it here and not the tool itself) have played a hand in putting an end to community in the physical sense.

However, we are here in this online forum, which is an online community, of many different people, from all over the world, from all walks of life, all here to either seek out help and advice, to give help and advice, or both. We may not be a community in a physical form, but we are still a community.
Personally, I probably wouldn't have been able to be as open and honest in a physical form as I am in this virtual form.

Do people even care about anyone these days,it just seems like no one ever really gives a honeysuckle about anyone or anything anymore,the world is just such a sad world,it is just so sad.
To answer your original question, I think that there are people out there that do still care, they may well be few and far between but they are out there. You only have to look at this forum to see that. If no-one cared, no-one would take the time to respond, and all this forum would be is a big long list of questions, with no-one offering any advice or support to anyone.

I agree with this, no one cares about anything anymore.
yea I am sorry you feel that way, but I understand that its harder to believe some people actually do care it gets overlooked by the majority because of the lack of others caring so it's deemed that (no one truly cares) It's not true but I respect your thought process, have a wonderful day.

Sorry, but I would slightly disagree with this, but please do hear me out as to my reasons why. Obviously you are entitled to your opinion as is everyone, but let me just share another view point. :)

I think that you are partial correct, social media and smartphones (and we should blame the majority of people that use it here and not the tool itself) have played a hand in putting an end to community in the physical sense.

However, we are here in this online forum, which is an online community, of many different people, from all over the world, from all walks of life, all here to either seek out help and advice, to give help and advice, or both. We may not be a community in a physical form, but we are still a community.
Personally, I probably wouldn't have been able to be as open and honest in a physical form as I am in this virtual form.

To answer your original question, I think that there are people out there that do still care, they may well be few and far between but they are out there. You only have to look at this forum to see that. If no-one cared, no-one would take the time to respond, and all this forum would be is a big long list of questions, with no-one offering any advice or support to anyone.
Yes,that's very true,very well said.

Latest posts

Back