Do you Believe or know, there is life after we leave this world ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unrelated, but kind of, Ive been rewatching DS9 and I have to admire the way they fleshed out Klingon philosophy in general, on life and death in particular. I don't know if I agree with it, but it would be one line of viewing life even on today's world that wouldnt be totally out of place and that's a credit to their writing team.
Today IS a good day to die 😆
OT (Off Topic): I am a huge star trek, star wars, stargate, etc fan. However, I never could get into DS9. After getting Netflix, it took me about 6 years to get through 2.50 seasons. It was terrible. At any rate, this year, I forced to myself to watch one episode a week. Around the 2.75 season mark, it started getting really good and finished the 4.25 season within two months at around two eps a night. And now, I think it is one of the best in the series especially starting just before season 3.

I would love to win the lottery and invest it into a series for Kahless. So, I guess, it is somewhat on subject because there would be a lot if deaths before the first - Messianic - Empror is crown. Lol

Mark me done for nothing after death.

I died twice and was revived. The only thing I remember of the events was getting tunnel vission, everything going black, and then that's it.

You might get some entertainment out of the movie, Flatliners. Oh, I didn't realize they made another version in 2017. I should watch that one too.

All very sad, but fascinating, it seems the general trend is, from these few answers near all go with idea there is nothing, no purpose in life, just some random bunch of events happening on a spec of dust in the universe And so, most all, also believing there is no Creator or God who put us here or some personal plan, and thus, when you are dead you are dead.

Personally, I cannot imagine a universe in which the above is the case; its no wonder there is such a level of feeling utter hopelessness, along with a pointless existence and or no purpose. I wonder if indirectly these are often the reasons why so many suffer from self destruct, depression, and insanity. As there is NO purpose to anything, you live, you suffer, and you die, and that’s it. How sad is that!! It makes sense that this would is the result of such states a mind.

Last edited:

AHAH B /S
I have studied So called quantum mechanics, even worked with Sir R Penrose from Oxford university; the very term means nothing, it means “packet” a Quanta of something, anything. Mechanics, in regard of this area is conjecture, ideas, philosophies of reality and the universe, which are 98% un provable. I cam imagine a universe were I am super man, Um but does that make it so. NO!! It’s a n area of science, which flies in the face of science. In order for it to have any cohesion, it has to break the so called excepted laws of said science. It’s a red herring.

WOW here we go again, Computers , more Intelligent than us, More B/S. A.I. does not exist and never will. Its a play to the minds of the ignorant! It can’t happen, True A.I. would have to have the ability to write its own code, NONE not one can do this, NOT one!!

A,I.
I am referred to in a number science books as I used to work in this area. I now find it very difficult to write speak with clarity as I now suffer from aphasia ,due to a heart attack and stroke, my communication ability is now messed up, including writing..

Last edited:
The bible says; if anyone wishes to know that I exist, tell them to open their eyes and look around them!

I have proven using philosophically, science, and mathematics that God the creator exists. But I also have that personal experience of him to support my findings, that’s the best part. Its way to big to explain in detail all those subtle parts which give that complete package. There is a purpose in life each for everyone, a complex purpose way, way above our tiny intellect, but I can see flashes of it all, and its incredible. I just feel sad for those who are unable or unwilling to grasp some of it. But he is there, and just because we do not understand something so big our minds cannot get around it, does not mean, it does not exist. Our purpose in life is to learn, experience, to love, and be refined, and at end of our personal mission, we go home. This what I know. But yes it is NOT an easy edventure by any means for all of us. we are tested for our own improvment. and at time we just don't see it. inc me, I am no profit, or Jesus, or a God, I am just a person, here to do the best I can, thats all any of us can hope or try and do!

Last edited:
All very sad, but fascinating, it seems the general trend is, from these few answers near all go with idea there is nothing, no purpose in life, just some random bunch of events happening on a spec of dust in the universe And so, most all, also believing there is no Creator or God who put us here or some personal plan, and thus, when you are dead you are dead.

Personally, I cannot imagine a universe in which the above is the case; its no wonder there is such a level of feeling utter hopelessness, along with a pointless existence and or no purpose. I wonder if indirectly these are often the reasons why so many suffer from self destruct, depression, and insanity. As there is NO purpose to anything, you live, you suffer, and you die, and that’s it. How sad is that!! It makes sense that this would is the result of such states a mind.

Yep there's something wrong with us because we don't believe there's some convenient neat little package for you.

Yep there's something wrong with us because we don't believe there's some convenient neat little package for you.
And what effort have you put in to find out the truth! Your entire life is built on the fact there is or there is not this little package, so its very important for every individual !

I have a cousin that has "died" three times for over 3 minutes and was brought back each time. He saw some honeysuckle each time. Good/peaceful honeysuckle. So I'm more inclined to believe there is something than there isn't when forced to answer that question....

BUT....it doesn't really matter. We aren't living for the next life, we are living for this one. So start living. Make something of it.

Latest posts

Back