Do you ever feel like your soul is crying ....or something inside like that

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i gave that up long ago & am too empty to feel sadness. for me, it's more of an ever present heaviness in my chest which is a constant reminder of a miserable past and an extremely bleak future with the present not being much better either.

After my mother died, a school mate told me the emptiness never goes away, you just learn to live with it.    It was the best honest advice I ever received.    The soul may constantly cry, it is learning how to soothe it.  Takes effort and a lot of creativity.... and can tell you from experience, a bottle of scotch is the not the answer.....  :rolleyes:

Yes Kristina. I do and feel that lately. I'm sorry you are feeling it too. I cry a lot, but it doesn't empty the sadness in my soul. I'm trying to fill my soul with happy/positive things to push that sadness out. It helps that I have my dogs and cats by my side. I'm also doing a lot of spiritual work lately. I hope you find your path towards happiness. xx

Kristina, I've spent 2 hours reading your other posts and thinking up a worthy response.  It's not easy figuring out what you're struggling with, given your few words in each thread.  I'd like to offer some kind of answer or encouragement though from a Christian perspective.

It's good of you to at least recognize that we have a soul, which is comprised of our mind and conscience - something separate from our physical bodies.  Evolution can't explain this, but a supernatural creator can.  We were made for a purpose: to know and love God, and to learn how to love others.  Nothing else in this world will replace that purpose or fill our souls adequately.

I think its inevitable that our souls will cry out for help during difficult times, but we're not expected to live a life of constant emptiness or despair.  We're to be filled with joy and peace, and that comes from having a right relationship with God. Rather than preach on the subject, let me offer this:

A touching song for you to contemplate,

and an encouraging song to watch as needed.

My soul is finished. When this body that I'm dragging around eventually dies I'm going to take my soul with me never to resurface anywhere, any time, or any dimension again. We'll both achieve nothingness and we both can be at peace.

Sidewinder said:
R U kidding?!?!? Your soul is gonna resurface in Compton, North Philly or the Lower Bronx... maybe Chicago's South Side, which will make your current situation seem like PARADISE, lol.

Ha! ha! Exactly. That's a good reason not to take any chances.

I have been feeling that way for the last couple of years cant seem to shake it, trying to get back into my meditation as i used to feel so connected to everything and life seemed happier.

I was taught that the pain, emptiness, loneliness and suffering that makes my soul cry out is homesickness for the spiritual world. That we don't belong in the hellish realm of the material world and will always hanker after the Source or God, whatever.

Obviously I don't know if that's true but it has been a help to me as a concept (not enough to make me join a cult and give up modern comforts though).

^ Yep, I'd agree with that Sarah and I've learned to look past the superficial, materialistic values we're supposed to hold in such high esteem while we're here which makes all the difficulty of time here on earth 'seem' to be enjoyable really have no meaning at all.

Yes I have what I need and I'm very fortunate but still my soul screams out for that inner peace which is so elusive.

The 'concept' you refer to is reality I believe and I hope you find your sense of peace

It's all cried out. I don't know if time used it up, or if there is just too much to cry about.

I was taught that the pain, emptiness, loneliness and suffering that makes my soul cry out is homesickness for the spiritual world. That we don't belong in the hellish realm of the material world and will always hanker after the Source or God, whatever.

Obviously I don't know if that's true but it has been a help to me as a concept (not enough to make me join a cult and give up modern comforts though).

I like this.

I sometimes feel that when our physical life is over, things that give us trouble will make so much more sense. We will understand all of the whys, all of the struggles, and it will be much easier to accept. I sometimes long for that understanding, and I wish I could experience it sooner. Perhaps it is the understanding obtained by the mystics and great sages.

Not to discount the genuine sorrow experienced, but I feel like if we could see from the highest perspective, everything turns into a joke. All of our troubles would be amusing, and we would handle them much better.

But at the same time, I often wonder if those who can see it all, if any can, would have the heaviest heart of all.

These things I tend to contemplate.

Latest posts

Back