Do you ever want more out of your life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an interesting topic for sure, most are trying to find their own paths to feel a sense of purpose which ranges depending on the person, some seek love, some people seek wealth, some seek knowledge, others seek spirituality, attention, success etc. all which have different meanings and could have good or bad results depending on the personality of the person. If you are content in your life that is truly wonderful, I wish, I could be content I wish I could settle into anyone of these categories and live a life completely content in the feelings they all respectively have individually (but I can't) I cannot dwell in these feelings or ideals solely and be content in them. The Journey (life) allows me endless possibilities, (some bad, some good) I cannot live content and not explore possibility, how would I know what something might make me feel better one day may not make me feel as good the next day? How do I know what joy is if I did not have sorrow, how would I know what pleasure is if I did not suffer pain? It is a journey an experience of never-ending possibility, I wish to experience life in its entirety I want to have an adventure, explore, feel, connect, disconnect (this one a bit less now since I have felt it most my life) for me I cannot be content with one thing (one person sure) but one experience? No, I have to grow to change live as much as I can while I can for me and for those, I love who passed away and could not experience everything (will I ever experience everything, no) but that's the exciting part of it all (to me) there is no limit to the things you could learn, see, feel, do only limitations are the ones I set for myself in my beliefs, in my actions, and in my mind and heart, Thank you for giving me something to think about it was a great topic. Have a nice day :)

I don't really think it's that interesting. Everyone wants something more. More money, more love, more sex, more diamonds, more children, more friends etc etc... If you don't keep striving for your goals, no matter how small they are, your life will become stagnant and boring, therefore not actually content, just....habitual and safe.

I’d say I’m content for the most part, although not overly happy with where we currently live. I love our modest little house, but I’d ideally like to move it to Nova Scotia on a nice, quiet little countryside acreage away from people - then hubby and I would be in heaven.
I always pictured you dancing around in your imaginary black nightgown in the hallway of a haunted, abandoned Victorian mansion in the mist covered forest with a terrifying backstory. 💃

There's an Avert Brothers song that goes "I am sick of wanting. Its evil and it's daunting". Well about 10 years ago that stuck with me. During those years I couldn't have been happier. I quit my job, stayed home with my son, got rid of cell phone, no more credit cards, no more unnecessary spending money, no more friends, no more anything that involved the outside world. I created this little bubble and it was great. Several things led me to this but recently I had a crazy idea to try to step out of the bubble. Im starting to realize that this is not good for me. Wanting things is what turned my life upside down in my past. I quite enjoyed being right side up so most likely I'll be staying in my bubble. I do miss certain things that involve another person but oh well we do what works.

I always pictured you dancing around in your imaginary black nightgown in the hallway of a haunted, abandoned Victorian mansion in the mist covered forest with a terrifying backstory. 💃
Ha! Indeed! Trouble with that scenario is that there isn’t a whole lot of haunted, abandoned, Victorian mansions to choose from in this neck of the woods. More like ramshackle log cabins in the backwoods, full of gun-totin’, government-hating rednecks all intent on getting sloshed to the gills before taking out the shotguns in search of a nice big buck.

Hence Nova Scotia - lots of history and plenty of run-down, historic buildings to choose from - and I imagine a plentiful selection of ghosts to boot. Plus the Maritimes gets lots of mist and fog. See? Gothic imaginings can still coexist with a quiet, countryside lifestyle. 😂👻💀

Ha! Indeed! Trouble with that scenario is that there isn’t a whole lot of haunted, abandoned, Victorian mansions to choose from in this neck of the woods. More like ramshackle log cabins in the backwoods, full of gun-totin’, government-hating rednecks all intent on getting sloshed to the gills before taking out the shotguns in search of a nice big buck.

Hence Nova Scotia - lots of history and plenty of run-down, historic buildings to choose from - and I imagine a plentiful selection of ghosts to boot. Plus the Maritimes gets lots of mist and fog. See? Gothic imaginings can still coexist with a quiet, countryside lifestyle. 😂👻💀
We've got history coming out of our earholes around my way, the other day an American tourist told me I sound just like Dick Van Dyke out of Mary Poppins cheeky bugger. ' Cor blimey, strike a light Ms Mary ' 😱

I want more out of my life ...that's how I ended up on a Loneliness Forum.
Finances are my main limiting factor from realizing a better home & comfort.
Waiting for miracles is a fool's folly.

Sure.
Right now I want a skipper license ) I already have 100$, so first of all now I need at least 1000$ more from my life to start learning ))

My life is not what I wanted. But I must confess it could be worse, but this fact doesn't help to feel better.

I'd like another job, another possibilities and I think I really need... another me.

Yes. I've always wanted a wife that was my partner with whom I could completely trust. I would want us to love each other too. Two people working together can accomplish a lot more in life then two individuals. I have / had have many things. But, I was always searching for someone special. Unfortunately all I found were others that were on their own team and used me for their gain. But, I did get sex and well, sex is never free. :)

At this point, I'm not really sure what I want. I have made a very easy life for myself here. But, there's not much to it. I would like to sell off everything and get the hell out of this area. But, I think that would be a very bad decision in the long run. I also think, from my travels, that all the other areas have their problems too. I was thinking about hitting the road and staying in my truck. But, with all the immigrants issues and homeless people, areas are cracking down on living in your vehicle and closing down areas.

So, the smarter thing is to stay put. A hospital is about 1.5 miles away. There's a Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, everything within 3 miles. There are numurous parks and green belts. It's one of the better areas in the overall area. But................ as your title says, I want more out of my life.

I want sooo much more out of my life, i’d die happy as a mother and wife… I honestly would have achieved every goal and dream… which makes me 80% sure it’ll never happen 😅 no one gets all their dreams… right?

Sure why not? Imagine for a second that you've achieved every possible goal you could think of, imagine how boring it would be not to be able to achieve anything more. Goals aren't the problem, it's commonly mistaken for comparing yourself to other peoples successes.

I want sooo much more out of my life, i’d die happy as a mother and wife… I honestly would have achieved every goal and dream… which makes me 80% sure it’ll never happen 😅 no one gets all their dreams… right?
That's right 🙂😅

Latest posts

Back