Do you find you to be a stranger yourself?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 135067

Reaction score
I was looking through old threads. Inevitably I ran across some of my old posts. On some I found myself thinking... That was me?

Not that I necessary disagree with me. But it is difficult to recall where my thoughts were at the time.

I know what you mean. People tend to change all the time without even realising it, looking back over things you've once said seems strange because you're likely no longer in that frame of mind.

Personally when I'm going through a tough time mentally it feels such a struggle, and you may talk about it. A while after it's passed I think how the hell I coped so well at the time.

I guess it's an example of how you're stronger than you think.

Who I used to be is kind of a stranger, but also a lesson. I see and remember what I used to be and use it as a blueprint to not go backwards.
Some people here today think I'm cold hearted *****, but they have no clue because I used to be exactly that.

I don't talk much about why I came here and what I've been through because some have used it to attack me. Not many know my story and I'm okay with them thinking my life is perfect or that I don't know anything. I'm okay with who I am now and I will continue to try to help others figure out who they really are....whether they like it or not. Lol

Sometimes I have that feeling, but I have also encountered some old posts of myself about politics, and I had not immediately seen it was my own post.
I started reading, and thinking, "now this guy thinks exactly like me", only to find out it was me after all! :D

But don't forget that your opinion, the way you feel is largely determined by the situation you are in at the time of writing.
At this moment I can hardly say anything positive about the Russian regime, but this feels totally different from the time when Yeltsin or Gorbachev were in power.
That's the global situation, but there is also your personal situation.
A couple of setbacks and you might be a lot less optimistic than before those.

Who I used to be is kind of a stranger, but also a lesson. I see and remember what I used to be and use it as a blueprint to not go backwards.
Some people here today think I'm cold hearted *****, but they have no clue because I used to be exactly that.

I don't talk much about why I came here and what I've been through because some have used it to attack me. Not many know my story and I'm okay with them thinking my life is perfect or that I don't know anything. I'm okay with who I am now and I will continue to try to help others figure out who they really are....whether they like it or not. Lol
There is little advantage in concern about what others think of us. We should be happy with ourselves. They can never actually know us.

Usually when I look back at previous posts I realized just how many typing mistakes I make. It's common for me to accidentially use the completely wrong word. So, I try to make sure I don't mistakingly say something bad.
I have that issue too. I edit and reedit and still I make mistakes. It can be difficult to see how others might interpret us. I try damned hard to be as unambiguous as I can... but now and then I still fail to convey the point I wanted to.

I shall not judge. There is time for clarity. :)

Which reminds me.

The inventor of autocorrect died​

The funnel will be held tomato.
I actually hate autocorrect. Always have.
Sure it can correct things that aren't a big deal, but it can also butcher the honeysuckle out of what you were trying to say. I prefer using an actual computer / laptop - over anything.

Funny joke though (y)

I actually hate autocorrect. Always have.
Sure it can correct things that aren't a big deal, but it can also butcher the honeysuckle out of what you were trying to say. I prefer using an actual computer / laptop - over anything.

Funny joke though (y)
Yes, and it brings doubts.
Is that thing really right or am I the one who is right?

H
Yes, and it brings doubts.
Is that thing really right or am I the one who is right?
They have changed people's names to things that were wildddd. I was tickled by it, but still annoyed. I'd rather not have it, then have it ;)

I have that issue too. I edit and reedit and still I make mistakes. It can be difficult to see how others might interpret us. I try damned hard to be as unambiguous as I can... but now and then I still fail to convey the point I wanted to.

I shall not judge. There is time for clarity. :)
That's why I try to encourage people to ask for clarification if something bothers them. We think we are typing one thing while others are reading it differently.

I try not to think about it. I think perhaps the paradox is that while I love history, I don't like thinking about the history of my own life in too much detail.

Latest posts

Back