Do you get on with your neighbours?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So today same neighbour knocks and tells me I need to take my fairy lights down as we're in a conservation area, which I'm well aware of, and they are not in keeping with the character of the street. I checked with the local council before I put the lights up and they said it was fine, no worries. I told him this and he replied with " Well they should have checked with me " Wtf!!!??!

They've been up for over a year and I've had no negative comments until today, is this wee twat just trying to wind me up now? I came very close to losing my temper with him and if he knocks on my door again it'll not end well.

View attachment 4655
So….. now tell me I have an overactive imagination…. Buttt…. This picture says a 1000’s words to me. But 4 words in particular 🙊🎊 Party At Randomguys Placeeee 🥳🥳

Now I understand why the other neighbors allowed her to behave and terrorize the neighborhood,
If not already done, install surveillance cameras. I had great neighbours on 3 sides, but one couple sold. The new back neighbour is a whinger and complained to the council about weeds in my backyard. I went back into my recordings and found they looked over by putting a ladder on the small gauge steel fence and damaged it. Took it to the council and all good. I will let the bent fence go without complaint, but the recording of them is funny to watch.

If not already done, install surveillance cameras. I had great neighbours on 3 sides, but one couple sold. The new back neighbour is a whinger and complained to the council about weeds in my backyard. I went back into my recordings and found they looked over by putting a ladder on the small gauge steel fence and damaged it. Took it to the council and all good. I will let the bent fence go without complaint, but the recording of them is funny to watch.
Yeah, I have cameras. But, I have a huge yard and a lot of trees and obstacles. I am thinking about mounting my cameras on really high rotatable poles. That would be cool. But, it get's really hot here and the cameras would probably fry from the heat.

Yeah, I have cameras. But, I have a huge yard and a lot of trees and obstacles. I am thinking about mounting my cameras on really high rotatable poles. That would be cool. But, it get's really hot here and the cameras would probably fry from the heat.
Or use battery-operated trail cams (bush cams in Australia) in the interim. They trigger when motion is detected. Good luck.

Ugh this neighbour drama is catching… now my neighbours are trying to tell me that my they were offended by … wait for it… me not cooking for them, because I cooked for the man who just lost his wife … guess im the neighbourhood slave?

My cooking is only given when I know it will be appreciated. My elderly mother appreciates them, as I make meals she made for me.
How lovely, I took cooking classes at a really young age from 11-16 so I enjoy cooking for people, I usually only cook for men who are going through a tough time only because they dont usually cook or look after themselves. I think thats really sweet though cooking for your mum you must have a close bond 😇

Or use battery-operated trail cams (bush cams in Australia) in the interim. They trigger when motion is detected. Good luck.
Yeah, I did think about that as an option. It's a good one. I have serveral. But, I haven't set them up in the yard. I even thought about wiring them to a hub and using them like as a survelance system. However, I have 1080P Hi Def cameras with a recorder and it's pretty nice to see everything on my HD tv.

Yeah, I did think about that as an option. It's a good one. I have serveral. But, I haven't set them up in the yard. I even thought about wiring them to a hub and using them like as a survelance system. However, I have 1080P Hi Def cameras with a recorder and it's pretty nice to see everything on my HD tv.
Good on you.

. I think thats really sweet though cooking for your mum you must have a close bond 😇
I'm fighting siblings and the health system for her to stay in the home she built with my recently late father - back in the '50s. Mum won't let me live with her - "Son, you moved out in 1978 and you aren't moving back in" She and I laugh at that near-daily. My time off is when my sister visits say 2 times a week. Mum has Alzheimer's and there will be a time for her to make a decision - nursing home or me moving in with nursing help.

I'm fighting siblings and the health system for her to stay in the home she built with my recently late father - back in the '50s. Mum won't let me live with her - "Son, you moved out in 1978 and you aren't moving back in" She and I laugh at that near-daily. My time off is when my sister visits say 2 times a week. Mum has Alzheimer's and there will be a time for her to make a decision - nursing home or me moving in with nursing help.
Awh im so sorry thats awful but I think its amazing that you help your mother.

I'm sorry. I had to deal, fight, with my siblings too. I was the one that took care of my mom, dad, and my dad parents until they died. I moved my grandparents into my house with me because they couldn't be on their own any more. My grandfather's mind was so bad that I needed to put a signs on the walls showing the way to the bathroom, which was actually visible from where his Lazy Boy chair was. Yeah. He was that bad off. He would yell at me and say all kinds of mean nasty things. Five minutes later he wouldn't know he did it. He would constantly confuse me with his son. Taking care of all of them and working full time was torture. Changing my grandmothers dipers and wiping her clean was not fun especially when she would stare at me doing it. It definitely took part of me away. I mean I never wanted kids or to take care of kids. But, I ended up taking care of old people, which I think is way worse.

So, my hats off to you and good luck. Do some research before you end up moving in with your mom. Your life will drastically change. But, nursing homes are way expensive and they don't give a honeysuckle about the patients.

I'm sorry. I had to deal, fight, with my siblings too. I was the one that took care of my mom, dad, and my dad parents until they died. I moved my grandparents into my house with me because they couldn't be on their own any more. My grandfather's mind was so bad that I needed to put a signs on the walls showing the way to the bathroom, which was actually visible from where his Lazy Boy chair was. Yeah. He was that bad off. He would yell at me and say all kinds of mean nasty things. Five minutes later he wouldn't know he did it. He would constantly confuse me with his son. Taking care of all of them and working full time was torture. Changing my grandmothers dipers and wiping her clean was not fun especially when she would stare at me doing it. It definitely took part of me away. I mean I never wanted kids or to take care of kids. But, I ended up taking care of old people, which I think is way worse.

So, my hats off to you and good luck. Do some research before you end up moving in with your mom. Your life will drastically change. But, nursing homes are way expensive and they don't give a honeysuckle about the patients.

Wow, what an experience you've had. Be proud that you gave S$%^. I, like you, leave notes like "don't take your watch off", which in theory will alert me of Mum falling and if I don't respond will phone our 000 (your 911) with her address.

There may be a time when Mum's Alzheimers lets her mind be acceptable to a nursing home. But at present is not at this stage.

S$%^, a sibling wants to sell her home if she goes into a nursing home. The cruelty felt by me hurts as Mum is still alive.

Luckily she has other assets that can pay for expenses. Why sell her home and divide her treasured collection of trinkets before she has passed away.

We haven’t interacted with any of our neighbors except one house next to us. I have stopped talking to them after an issue with the HOA and I just didn’t know who I could trust.

But when we did communicate most of the time they would only contact me to watch for their packages and throw them over their fence. I felt like they requested a lot of favors like that but we never asked them for anything. We didn’t know each other well so I felt like it was kind of rude and too imposing.

One of our packages was misdelivered and I saw the time of delivery on tracking. And our cameras showed they brought in 1 package and the same exact time of delivery. I never got the package and they never brought it over. Not 100% sure they kept a package that was mine, but I’m assuming they did. Maybe opened accidentally and felt too embarrassed to bring it over?

Our neighbor on the other side is really strange. She sometimes gets our mail delivered to her and she will knock on the door at the same time different days when we’re not home but never leave it there. There was also one time she opened my mail but didn’t attempt giving it to me until like a month later. She never said anything about opening it either.

Last edited:
I would like to blow up the entire neighborhood. I wonder if anybody would notice if I parked several loaded semi-trucks around the area........

I would set the detonator to go off when the barking dogs got above a certain DB level.

I miss some of the past residents of the apartment complex. They either moved out or passed away. There are a few that are still here that I will say a quick hello to but that's about it. For the most part the residents here are quiet.

Just recently a neighbor on my floor accused me of calling her a bad name not too long ago, which I did not do. There were times when I was upset when the mandates were active and people were on me or I was having an off day but I never called anybody any bad names. Total misunderstanding on her part. This situation lead me to rethink about keeping to myself and realizing more how alone I am and that lead me to here.

I have had my share of times with people before covid but these past two years were very rough for me. Things are not the same anymore. People are very different now. I can only speak about how things are where I am at, it is very depressing.

I miss some of the past residents of the apartment complex. They either moved out or passed away. There are a few that are still here that I will say a quick hello to but that's about it. For the most part the residents here are quiet.

Just recently a neighbor on my floor accused me of calling her a bad name not too long ago, which I did not do. There were times when I was upset when the mandates were active and people were on me or I was having an off day but I never called anybody any bad names. Total misunderstanding on her part. This situation lead me to rethink about keeping to myself and realizing more how alone I am and that lead me to here.

I have had my share of times with people before covid but these past two years were very rough for me. Things are not the same anymore. People are very different now. I can only speak about how things are where I am at, it is very depressing.
That really sucks! I had a neighbor lady go off on me because I cleaned up the area in the front between our two houses. She said I tresspassed onto her property. I told her I was sorry and would replant all the weeds I pulled up and put the trash back where it was. Then she called me an *******. Ha! ha!

I think Covid and the government responses have permanenly harmed a whole lot of people. People seem to be more distant and short tempered now. I was totally used to being alone by the time Covid hit. The only difference was I had to remember to wear a mask to be able to go into some stores.

Latest posts

Back