Do you like feeling down & miserable?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan27

Reaction score
Think about it...
What the hell is so bad, that you just wallow in your dirty diaper?
Grow the fresia up.
Fix it.

Trust me, it will not help you antagonizing people. How do you know what the hell is "so bad" in someone's life? What if for example they are dealing with a recent loss of a loved one?

Maybe it's time for you to grow up.

Out of respect for the holiday, I'll resist the urge to give a sarcastic response...

Not everything has an easy, cut-and-dry answer. Not everything has clear, step 1-2-3 instructions. Not everything is black and white.

What appears to be so easy to you that you wouldn't think twice about it and don't understand how anyone doesn't just "get it", seems impossibly hard to others. And others might think something is really easy, that you think is really hard or don't understand.

Also, as BeyondShy said, some people really do have very serious issues they're dealing with. Or a lifetime of struggle with things. Either way, you don't know what it could be.

You have to take people's word for it that they're dealing with difficult things and have a hard time seeing the answers. Try not to oversimplify it or trivialize it...I'm sure if there's something you are struggling with, you wouldn't like that done to you.

life is supposed to be hard.
Death & broken marriages happen...
Did YOU think you were immune to pain or loss?

I luv how y'all gang up against me...lmao !

I'm trying to shake you up....to find solutions & not stagnate in self-pity.
You are stronger than you think.

Okay, I recall you saying you used to be an alcoholic. Did you by chance just quit cold turkey and never have any issues with that? I also recall seeing a thread by you about anger issues. Did you just stop being angry cold turkey and never have any issues with it?

I'm going to guess that it likely took you some time for both of those to not become so much of an issue. I'm also going to guess that rock bottom had something to do with it. I'm also going to guess that back when you were all angry alcoholic or even just one or the other, if someone had told you the things you said in this thread, you would likely not be too happy. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, but knowing what I know about both alcoholism and anger, I don't think I am.

And it's not about anyone ganging up on you, it's about the.....and people are going to LOVE that it's me saying this....it's about the tactless way you said it. I actually agree with you, but there are better ways of saying it. And honestly, even with the better ways, some people are still going to be pissy about it being said.

For all that you post about anger and this and that, I would think that you wouldn't post honeysuckle that you know **** well is just going to piss people off.

Well, depression is a very real thing for many people to varying degrees. Sometimes it feels normal, almost relaxing, to feel bad. Sometimes when I feel good it makes me feel guilty like I've done something wrong. This creates anxiety, which is far worse then just the normal, for me, mild bad feeling. It's also like waiting for the hammer to come down knowing it won't last long. This is not always the case for me. But, it is for some. It can be just like a severe addiction.

life is supposed to be hard.
Death & broken marriages happen...
Did YOU think you were immune to pain or loss?
I don't think that I am immune to pain or loss or hard times. I also believe that everyone in here believes the same thing. Life is hard and I accept that but I also do not need you to point this out.

I luv how y'all gang up against me...lmao !
I can tell you stories about being ganged up on but I have to tell you that you are not being ganged up on here.
I'm trying to shake you up....to find solutions & not stagnate in self-pity.
You are stronger than you think.
Who appointed you the person to "shake everyone up?" I'll get back to the example that I used before. What if someone here has lost a loved one? Do you really think they need you to shake them up?

Now you see I am lucky in a way compared to the other people here because in a week or so I am out of here and that means when I log off for the final time for the year I will not be thinking about you for one second. But I do care about these people whether they know it or not and I hope that you learn in the future not to make posts like this.

it doesn't feel good but the feeling that you get when you're misery goes away, the relief feels great!

They don't happen often, but I occasionally have days where I just prefer staying pissed off, even if it's for no reason.

I'm still friendly to others, though, so perhaps this doesn't count. I'll just tell them "bad day" and they typically understand.

And sometimes wallowing isn't so bad if it helps you heal or cope with something upsetting. It's natural to feel down at times. Not ever feeling down typically either means you've had too much caffeine, you're in denial or you're just not paying attention.

Wallowing should end at some point, though. Endless wallowing is typically not a good thing.

Human nature, yes we do like feeling down, occasionally. Never heard a sad song reach No.1. A blockbuster movie about pain and suffering. People numbing one misery with another. It is what we do.

I don't enjoy it, but it's a state I'm somehow comfortable with by now, after having years of practice at it. I sometimes feel a tinge of happiness or excitement and find myself thinking "it won't last", so it almost worries me to feel that way.

It's Social Conditioning, that's what's so bad about it.
If all you ever do is follow the Social Narrative that Society and the Social Construct gives you, than yes, you will be trapped feeling down to the point that the notion of feeling good seems like something you're not supposed to do.

If that sounds familiar, that's because that *IS* the Social Conditioning.

It's okay to feel okay.
It's okay to do things that make you feel okay, and it's okay to completely disregard the judgmental opinions of others PROVIDED THAT you take into context what they're saying and AT LEAST acknowledge it...that's an important step, and the reason that's an important step is because SOMETIMES there are lessons to be learned, and you'd be doing yourself a great injustice by arrogantly deciding that you don't need to make a note for a potential learning experience or to acquire some new insights.

Of course, if you can't extrapolate data under emotional duress (or lack thereof), than you probably shouldn't really be playing with fire to begin with sotospeak.

All that I'm suggesting, is that if you plan on questioning and challenging things, to do so INTELLIGENTLY, by learning to look before you leap, and think before you act. Otherwise, yes, absolutely have a go at The System.

Latest posts

Back