Do you like mirrors?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ribozyme

Reaction score
“Are you there, Mirror? You're always there, I know. You just like to hide every now and then… To fool me into thinking that I've broken free. But there's no escape, is there?”

The Mirror is always there. Showing you everything, both what you want and don't want to see. It doesn't care much, actually. Mostly, it just shows things, persons and happenings as they are, reflecting them as they are, playing them as they are. But…

Sometimes it tips to the extreme, one or the other. Sometimes it shows things the way you want them to be. Everything is perfect; just you and the happiness. But beware!

Don't enjoy it too much! If it notices you're at peace and calm and happy, it'll change. Sorrow will come, things you don't want to see. It will torment you, just so you wouldn't forget that it's impossible to live a life in a fantasy. It will blur the thin line between what's real and what is not, leaving you to live a half-awake nightmare.

You cannot run away from The Mirror, you cannot stop looking. You cannot hide from it, nor can you hide it from yourself. Oh, you can try and cover it; you could do that, yes. It will keep still. It will allow you to hide it. It will make you believe you've made it. And then…

You'll start to wonder. Lack of torture will make you wonder… Is it still alive? Is it there? Has it finally gone? Died? You'll just have to check it. And when you do, when you lift the covers…

It will have its revenge. One bite, two bites or a million, it wouldn't matter to you anymore because each one would seem like an eternity of excruciating pain. One bite, two bites, the eternity of bites; you'll be begging for mercy with each one. And it will grant you what you beg for. It will make you heartless, cold, damaged… Alone, bitter and shattered. You'll never pull yourself together, you'll never dream again, never will you love again. Unless…

Unless you accept its offer. It'll offer you to heal you. By showing you the future that'll never be. By showing you the life you so desperately crave for. By showing you everything your heart desires but doesn't have. A life of make-believe. And you'll accept it. Anything, you'll accept anything, just to end the suffering. And then…

That'll be the moment when you'll fall in its trap again. In that precise moment, you'll realize the only way to survive is to live a lie. Lies will become your life, and your life will become a lie. But this time there won't be pain to save you…

“I dare you to step through”, it whispers…

-- I came up with this on my way to zoogeography class. It is shallow, I know, it reminds of the Mirror of Erised from HP but I didn't have it on mind. I... I even plan on writing something that would involve a lot of mirrors and worlds that are fantasies inside more fantasies. Something that would leave you lost and struggling to get out... I have so many ideas but so little free time. Anyway, thought I could share it with the world...

i don't mind them much, but looking into them at night creeps me out huge. especially in someone else's house and when they are everywhere.

I must watch too many cheesy horror films haha.

...perhaps the true horror lays not with the mirrors themselves, but in the terrible visage they behold!

One of my friends back in high school said, during her speech, that we became addicted to mirrors. She said it's impossible for us to walk by a mirror and not to look into it... Only if we try very hard we can force ourselves not to look... I studied people a little after she said that and I noticed she was right. There wasn't a single person who resisted looking into it...

Have you ever stared into your own eyes and tried to confess something to yourself? I know it sounds silly but try to tell yourself one of your darkest secrets while looking yourself in the eyes (in the mirror). I was surprised to see the expression on my face... Scary...

i've stared into a mirror and thought my reflection was going to come to life and kill me like in the scary movies. whew, fack that! :D

Latest posts

Back