Do you like telling someone what is on your mind

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
Do you like letting someone have a piece of your mind,if they do something to get you mad?

Yeah, feels good to get it off my chest.

But sometimes I feel like it's not good to get too worked up though, because sometimes that's exactly what the other person wants you to do - they get off on influencing you to lose control of your emotions. Some people don't mind being insulted or sworn at, because they like that they got you that mad. It makes them feel like they have power and control over you. And they also just like the attention - when you get that mad, it makes the person feel like they are important enough to get you mad. It's a form of ego validation.

Also, anger outbursts can look childish, even if you are in the right. Some people will not care who is right or wrong, and judge you just for being angry, and even take the other person's side. I don't agree with this, but it is how some people work.

It's funny because this concept of being careful to not show a person that they got under your skin by lashing out, is something my Mom told me as a kid. I didn't understand it then, I thought if someone makes you mad, let them have it with as much force as you can, to show them that you're no one to screw with. But I can see how that was the wrong approach, and it's been only recently that I understand how and why these situations work this way.

If I say this a lot, which I have been lately, I'm talking to myself too - I'm trying to become more conscious of these games, and getting better at refusing to play.

It's tough though because bottling up your feelings and never giving them closure and resolution doesn't help either. But you also don't want to give the person who angers you, feelings of control and validation/gratification. I do think you have to find some way of telling a jerk how you feel, but at the same time, you have to be careful to do so in a way that also communicates that you are still in control of your emotions.

Last edited:
I could give you some gentle Buddha quotes but that feels kinda cliched.

When someone pisses you off, expressing anger will not prove your superiority. It will only leave you powerless to the situation and cast you into a deep hole of self-loathing.

We say that deceased people “live on” when we remember them. We visit graves, we play their favourite song, we look at a photo of them.

But they are not alive physically. Their body no longer exists on the earth in the same form as when we knew them. Regardless of our belief of what happens to people when they die, they remain part of our reality simply because we think of them.

Same goes for the living.

Whenever we think of a person, we keep that person alive in our minds.

Therefore, if the presence of someone is weighing on you, release that person from your thoughts. Then they’ll no longer be present.

When you allow someone to occupy your mind, you run the risk of victimising yourself to their words and actions instead of taking responsibility for yourself. You run the risk of letting that person control the way you feel instead of controlling your feelings yourself.

I couldn't resist so here's a quote ( not Buddha though )

" Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. "
Marcus Aurelius

Not really. It's pointless. People no longer listen. They don't give a honeysuckle and only care about themselves. You can't teach them anything or get them to see things from another's point of view. Instead I just say F U or F off. If that really pisses them off then I blow them a kiss. If they get in my face and if law dogs aren't an issue then I hit them. I'm tired of honeysuckle people. But, I'm getting weaker in my old age. So, I've been trying to just ignore people or bad situations and walk away. But, it doesn't feel as good.

Not really. It's pointless. People no longer listen. They don't give a honeysuckle and only care about themselves. You can't teach them anything or get them to see things from another's point of view. Instead I just say F U or F off. If that really pisses them off then I blow them a kiss. If they get in my face and if law dogs aren't an issue then I hit them. I'm tired of honeysuckle people. But, I'm getting weaker in my old age. So, I've been trying to just ignore people or bad situations and walk away. But, it doesn't feel as good.
very true

Do you like letting someone have a piece of your mind,if they do something to get you mad?
I'd have to be pushed to do that. I get annoyed a lot in work and I'll have a moan every now and again but it's very rare I'll freak out to someone like that.

For me it would have to be something that's justifiable.. if I did. A lot of the time it's just something that bothers me and isn't really so bad to scream at them.

Latest posts

Back