Do you still play board games?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CenotaphGirl

Under the dirt, that’s my home ⚰️
Reaction score
You know... board games were still such a big thing in my house hold growing up,
My friends didn't get it, but I loved it, deffo engaged the brain more than technology...
My favourite was (don't even know if this counts)... Dominoes!!! But second has to be checkers (im too dumb for chess) and things like Ludo lolz.
Do you guys have any favourite board games?

Last edited:
My 3 boys and I ALWAYS play board games. I know the new games have evolved from boards to cards and online, but yes, we play Monopoly (we have QUITE a few versions ourselves, @TheRealCallie!), Clue, Uno, Skipbo, Mancala, What Do You Meme, Cards Against Humanity, Don't drop the Soap, Chameleon, Yahtzee.... Growing up, they loved Tri-Bond and Pictionary.
Now that my older 2 boys live far away, we still like to play JackBox games on Discord when we can all link up. :D

Do you have Dos? Check into it. lol
Also Apples to Apples. Super Fun.
So... we bought Dos, but never really caught their attention.
FUNNY story about Apples to Apples... we used to play. A LOT!! Then my oldest started dating this girl that was SUPER... um.... well, let's just SAY, that when they put out the SOUR Apples to Apples game, we knew WHY! LOLOL
She would get hella pissed and offended... so, lord knows, we don't play CaH with her. Often. Or we make sure everyone is drinking... haha

Chess & Checkers was a thing when I was a kid. Occasionally others like Monopoly, Clue, Scattergories, and Dominos.

For card games, we played a lot of traditional card games with a 52 card playing card deck. Different versions of poker, rummy, blackjack and war, and a game called spit that I used to play as a kid at school that I can't remember how to play now but it's really fun as well.

I got into TCG a bit as a kid, playing early Pokemon and Magic: the Gathering for a couple years. That got expensive pretty fast though so I stopped in my late teens because of the cost.

Things like Apples To Apples, Cards Against Humanity, Fluxx, and Red Dragon Inn came later in my early college years, which are all fun and funny games to play over a couple drinks with friends. 😂 We also played a bit of Munchkin and Munchkin Quest which are both kind of like parody spinoffs of D&D. And I played a decent amount of D&D growing up as well, although I've not played it since my sophomore year of college.

I FORGOT about Scattergories!! We bought that when I was in Vegas with the Air Force one year! Bunch of drunk aircraft mechanics and myself around a hotel lobby table playing this game... SO much fun watching them try to spell things. Lolol

My oldest was JUST getting back into D&D when lockdown happened. He was so bummed because some of them continued to meet online, but he was really in it for the socialization aspect. Also, he liked being creative and making the new boards and the online version didn't really allow for that, he said.

My older two boys had and still have TONS of Pokemon cards. My mom was stationed in Japan when they were all the rage in the 90s and she even bought them Japanese PocketMonster cards. I had bought them all kinds of binders and everything to organize and sort them. But... then... the GameBoy Pokemon came out and technology won again against physical games. :(

Yes, all the time. I have A LOT Of board game, I play them with my kids, I play them with family, I play them with friends.

....and I may have close to two dozen versions of Monopoly....DON'T JUDGE ME!
Omg, I have only played Monopoly like once loool I'm gonna play that tonight I think!!

Chess & Checkers was a thing when I was a kid. Occasionally others like Monopoly, Clue, Scattergories, and Dominos.

For card games, we played a lot of traditional card games with a 52 card playing card deck. Different versions of poker, rummy, blackjack and war, and a game called spit that I used to play as a kid at school that I can't remember how to play now but it's really fun as well.

I got into TCG a bit as a kid, playing early Pokemon and Magic: the Gathering for a couple years. That got expensive pretty fast though so I stopped in my late teens because of the cost.

Things like Apples To Apples, Cards Against Humanity, Fluxx, and Red Dragon Inn came later in my early college years, which are all fun and funny games to play over a couple drinks with friends. 😂 We also played a bit of Munchkin and Munchkin Quest which are both kind of like parody spinoffs of D&D. And I played a decent amount of D&D growing up as well, although I've not played it since my sophomore year of college.
Bet I can beat ya at checkers mate! I'm the queen lol

Yeap, when I have an opportunity. Smth like Munchkin, Ticket to Ride, Carcassonne, Terraforming Mars etc.

I hliked question games. I have a Doctor Rat sitting around heretics somewhere and some of the classics like Sorry! and Destiny. A Cars monopoly for the kids lol. I enjoy playing with the kids but had to let them win or else it got tedious.

My daughter went through a phase of board games, of which I was always commandeered to play. Unfortunately, it ends in arguments, as rules frustrate her, and losing in unthinkable. But, it must be about 4 years since we played a board game.

I hliked question games. I have a Doctor Rat sitting around heretics somewhere and some of the classics like Sorry! and Destiny. A Cars monopoly for the kids lol. I enjoy playing with the kids but had to let them win or else it got tedious.

My daughter went through a phase of board games, if which I was always commandeered to play. Unfortunately, it ends in arguments, as rules frustrate her, and losing in unthinkable. But, it must be about 4 years since we played a board game.
Honestly im super competitive !! But the idea of someone letting me win... feels like a massive loss in some ways. However, like the demanding princess I am... If I lose, I expect a present and a apology letter, an apology for not teaching me how to win lol :ROFLMAO: So im pretty sure my dad let me win a few times to avoid the trauma of writing me an apology letter🙈

It's what we Dads do. That and tea parties. Or playing with Bratz dolls in McDonald's. Yeah, I've done it all. Loved every minute of it too.

It's what we Dads do. That and tea parties. Or playing with Bratz dolls in McDonald's. Yeah, I've done it all. Loved every minute of it too.

My dad never played dolls but... he did my hair once 🙈 bloody awful lool but I loved it! My brother used to make all my dolls fight over his army guys.. like a proper wrestling match:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
During 2020, my daughter had her first proper hair cut, previously only ever opting for fringe and split ends to be trimmed. 12 years old at the time, she decided to donate all her hair. Of course, I was devastated. That was my future wig!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1563827725292.jpg
    FB_IMG_1563827725292.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 5
During 2020, my daughter had her first proper hair cut, previously only ever opting for fringe and split ends to be trimmed. 12 years old at the time, she decided to donate all her hair. Of course, I was devastated. That was my future wig!
Awh go her, gotta have confidence to rock short styles in my opinion! Pretty sure all I wear is donated hair 😅

During 2020, my daughter had her first proper hair cut, previously only ever opting for fringe and split ends to be trimmed. 12 years old at the time, she decided to donate all her hair. Of course, I was e. That was my future wig!
Colster, now that You mentioned hair, this newspaper report on surgical grafting will interest you:
Cameron Newsom, 42, of Colorado Springs, Colorado was treated for stage 4 squamous cell carcinoma on her tongue, the New York Post reported. Removing the tumor meant also removing part of her tongue, which doctors replaced with skin and muscle taken from her thigh. Through all of her experiences in treating the cancer,she said,"The weirdest part...was when I felt a rough texture on the 'thigh' part of her tongue---and when I looked in the mirror, it had started growing leg-hair!"
Newsom had to learn to speak again and still finds eating a challenge, but she's back to being a gymnastics coach, even with her fuzzy tongue.

Latest posts

Back