Do you use other sites to meet people ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

ManDss

Reaction score
Im always thinking what other sites to meet people online are out there.

Ive joined to many (a lot) of mental health forums, just to meet people, but in all this forums most people dont want to chat, or are just a few who I dont get along.

Im always thinking "hmm, should be a site, more simple, more specific, that the main porpouse is to meet people that, you know, deal with loneliness, depression, etc", because forums, like this, arent just about meet people.

Mental health forums are 85% about people just venting, 7% about people using it for chit chat conversations, 7% for debating and 1% for people looking to actually talk and meet other people. And I think that 1% is just an error in the equation, maybe just a quarter of that 1% want to meet people.

Some tell me to use other kind of sites, but I want to meet people who "know how is this", this kind of problems, but... sometimes seems like just a fantasy. Like "what? Meet people online who also deal with depression and you get along with them ? Thats like win the lottery 3 times in 1 week! U are maniac if u think thats possible".

Sunless Sky

Reaction score
Hmm, it does seem like a lot of people are more reserved on this site. I wonder if it was always like this since I heard this site used to be quite busy back in the day.

I have met a couple of people on here but it always seemed like they weren't interested in the conversation or they seem interested and then dissappear after a bit.

Either that's on account of their reserved nature or I am just uninteresting 😅

Cherubino

Reaction score
Sorry I'm not sure I understand what kind of meeting are you having in your mind ... could you be more graphical

ManDss

Reaction score
Sorry I'm not sure I understand what kind of meeting are you having in your mind ... could you be more graphical

Well, text chat first. A site where you know the people is there is up to chat. Send a message "hi, how are you", and then chat.

Cherubino

Reaction score
I think you have to open a thread here where you describe what kind of person would you like to chat with, what topics and what are your expectations on a longer term

sunflowergirl1306

sunflower lover
Reaction score
Im always thinking what other sites to meet people online are out there.

Ive joined to many (a lot) of mental health forums, just to meet people, but in all this forums most people dont want to chat, or are just a few who I dont get along.

Im always thinking "hmm, should be a site, more simple, more specific, that the main porpouse is to meet people that, you know, deal with loneliness, depression, etc", because forums, like this, arent just about meet people.

Mental health forums are 85% about people just venting, 7% about people using it for chit chat conversations, 7% for debating and 1% for people looking to actually talk and meet other people. And I think that 1% is just an error in the equation, maybe just a quarter of that 1% want to meet people.

Some tell me to use other kind of sites, but I want to meet people who "know how is this", this kind of problems, but... sometimes seems like just a fantasy. Like "what? Meet people online who also deal with depression and you get along with them ? Thats like win the lottery 3 times in 1 week! U are maniac if u think thats possible".
I think it is this٫everyone is different٫and everyone will always be different٫no matter what site you go on٫you will not meet someone that is exactly like you.

Tryingtosurvive

Sarcastic Overthinker
Reaction score
The internet is a mixed bag when it comes to people. In my experience i've met some great people who i still chat to now even after meeting them years ago, but in recent years it's been quite hard to have consistent chats with people because they know it's the internet and they can just walk away via blocking etc. Years ago it irked me, but now i just don't care anymore and move on. No point dwelling on someone who doesn't care about you or even wants to speak with you 😜 .

Latest posts