Do you use other sites to meet people ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like using games like IMVU, Second Life and other social games to talk to people, just to make other friends. I am extremally shy though, so...lol if I bond with someone, I want to talk to them alot, especially online.
Ahh I haven't used that for agessss IMVU was my literal life at one point, I cant imagine the improvements they've had oh wow.

Life is too short to waste on boring things.

Generally I agree, but this can be difficult to put into practice since most people can't do traditionally "interesting" things for a living.

"My job is fascinating and I carry on doing it at the age of 66."

That's good to keep mentally stimulated. What is your job?

"Anyone who does a bland boring job will not be for me...People who are in control of their life make sure they do a job they enjoy and pays well."

It's not always possible to do a job you enjoy, let alone a job you enjoy that also pays well.
I like creative things, I wish I could do them, I admire and am interested in the people that come up with the things that are my favorite ideas.
But it's notoriously difficult to make a living in creative/imaginative fields. It's a lot easier to make a living in more practical fields.
But, while I appreciate that all that STEM stuff exists and allows us to live a modern lifestyle, I'm not particularly interested in learning how it works. I've never really been interested in practical things, and I don't feel especially good at them either. But, aside from being a big star, practical fields are where the money is.

"If you are not exciting, articulate, charming, lively and chatty make friends with people who are the opposite...If you think it is ok to present yourself as quiet, boring etc fine. But then be happy with someone who is also quiet and boring, you are well matched."

That's the thing, just because I have to live a certain way out of practicality, or just not knowing how to live the way I really want to, doesn't mean I actually want to live that way, or that I like it or am interested in it, or that I have anything that I want to talk about with people that are also in a similar situation.

Again - what qualifies as "exciting" and "lively" to you? I'm trying to get some ideas for where to start looking.

I like using games like IMVU, Second Life and other social games to talk to people, just to make other friends. I am extremally shy though, so...lol if I bond with someone, I want to talk to them alot, especially online.
Heard of more people finding success getting a partner or friends through online games than dating apps to be honest.
I relate to being very shy and once I do find someone I click with well, I like to talk to them alot too but sometimes don't know how much is appropriate? I certainly don't want the other person to feel pressured.

"My job is fascinating and I carry on doing it at the age of 66."

That's good to keep mentally stimulated. What is your job?

"If you are not exciting, articulate, charming, lively and chatty make friends with people who are the opposite...If you think it is ok to present yourself as quiet, boring etc fine. But then be happy with someone who is also quiet and boring, you are well matched."

Again - what qualifies as "exciting" and "lively" to you? I'm trying to get some ideas for where to start looking.

I love how my honest questions, were totally ignored.

If someone is going to claim to be smarter and more successful than all of us, OK, fine - enlighten me.
I want to learn how to do what works to get into a better life, so if your ideas work so well, what are they?

Just ignoring it gives me the impression that maybe someone doesn't really have any ideas and doesn't really know what they're talking about because they aren't what they claim to be, and can't be bothered to make up any more stories, with specific details, to keep up the facade.

But that's just me!

Last edited:
Penpalworld sometimes. I've met some nice penpals there, but it almost never lasts long.
But there are some scammers there, I met one once. They wrote they knew my real address by my IP. Haha) They were blocked by mods quite fast though.

Latest posts

Back