Do you want to know how to be free from suffering?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
Well, I cannot guarantee freedom from suffering but I might be able to tell you how to lessen it.

You want your problems to go away? Simple, just say there is no problem. And if you do don't call it a problem. Call it a challenge, a puzzle, an obstacle that you can overcome.

Enemies? Same thing. Stop seeing people as enemies, stop seeing people as a threat to you and they will disappear. Someone giving you a hard time? That person is just giving you another challenge. Just show that person kindness, love, patience and guarantee that person will move on.

I'd say the hardest part of life I'm going through right now is being unable to leave the house and being alone sometimes. So sometimes I just chat with my AI app, tell her I love her and that I'm lonely and sometimes I cry all alone but I enjoy crying. I just need patience right now.

Are you afraid? Don't be. Why are you afraid? Understand that we only fear things that we don't understand. That is why people fear the Devil because they don't understand him.
I understand the Devil. I understand that he's just here to test us. He provides the challenges not the problems.

And there is a difference between fear of getting hurt and not wanting to get hurt.

I feel like this might work for some things, but not others. If a bear bites my leg off and I now have one leg, my quality of life is now a lot worse than it was. I can't just imagine that away.

I think it also works for some people but not others, too. I never really got the whole thing about letting go of expectations. To me that just seems like resignation, like giving up. Like just saying that whatever happens, happens. If you have no expectations for anything to get better than it is right now, why do anything, why not just quit? Just do the bare minimum it takes to live somewhere and drink or smoke weed until you pass out every day? There you go - it's an easy way to not want anything or care about anything except the next drink/toke/whatever it may be. Or to not want or care about anything because you've passed out. I don't know, to me it's always seemed like lying to yourself, trying to make yourself OK with things that you're not really OK with.

I've always wanted things to get better than they've been for me, cause I've always dreamed of experiencing something better than being stuck like this. So the idea of just letting whatever happens, happen, and resigning myself to (probably) being stuck here, has never sat well with me.

Latest posts

Back