Does anyone else feel this way?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the point of life?I get the fact that your supposed to find someone and be happy,but I just don't see the point to that,I will never be happy with my life,does anyone else feel this way too?
To answer your question, I will definitely say that I am very lucky when compared to your situation in that during the 1980s I eventually found a purpose in life. And that purpose is what makes me want to stay alive and have to stay alive.
I've reached my goal seven times and lost it seven times too, but the fact that I've already reached my goal seven times assures me that I will reach that goal again. The key is perseverance. Sometimes that's the only thing that counts.

As for relationships, it's nothing to write home about at all. I had a girlfriend twice, and that was more than enough for me. A relationship is too much hard work. Unfortunately most people crave for a relationship because they think of only the fireworks, but they don't see the hard work involved. Hard work, headaches, drama. Forget it.

What is the point of life?I get the fact that your supposed to find someone and be happy,but I just don't see the point to that,I will never be happy with my life,does anyone else feel this way too?
I have been married for over 40 years. If you aren't happy with yourself you won't be happy with your partner/spouse. Happiness is fluid. Many things make me happy, people not so much,

sunflower, I am so sorry you have these feelings to deal with. It's especially sad because I have seen a bit of the support and laughter you give to others here. I sometimes find myself hating my life, and I do agree that changes could be made when I feel that way, but the whole thing is, like many things in life, easier said than done. Plus, you (meaning anyone) have to start from what is a hard place to begin with... I understand it's not for everyone, but faith is a big factor in my day to day attitude. Even the most loving person will let you down sooner or later; it is just the way of life because human beings are limited. But God is always there! <3

I agree with Kamaione regarding the support and laughter you give.

It's an old thread. Has anything changed over the last months or you still feel the same?

Regarding your original question. I don't see much point in life in general, and in my life in particular. However, I like it imperfect as it is. I guess we can either try changing our lives as Callie suggested or accept things as they are and work within the limits as Keep_going said.

Wherever you are at the moment, whatever you choose, I wish you good luck and patience! :)

I agree with Kamaione regarding the support and laughter you give.

It's an old thread. Has anything changed over the last months or you still feel the same?

Regarding your original question. I don't see much point in life in general, and in my life in particular. However, I like it imperfect as it is. I guess we can either try changing our lives as Callie suggested or accept things as they are and work within the limits as Keep_going said.

Wherever you are at the moment, whatever you choose, I wish you good luck and patience! :)
Thank you so much for your post! You bring to mind the serenity prayer, and I thank you for that also. đź’“

Life has one purpose : SURVIVAL.

All the good & all the bad are just passing chapters.
People may uplift you or may abandon you.

Circumstances change, sometimes drastically !
Rich or poor, healthy or sick...it's all part of the ride.

Love yourself, enjoy all you can find & maybe lower your expectations of others & the flow.
In the END we all get our answers.

What is the point of life? I don't think that there is really just one set point of life, but the point of life differs from one person to another. The point to my life may very well differ to the point of yours, maybe that's part of the point to it, discovering why we are personally here. Yes, there is a little of pressure and social conformity that we should find our other half, settle down, reproduce and be happy, but sadly some of us will never find that.

I see life like a game of cards and it dealt me quite a rough hand from the start health wise, but I'm playing the best game that I can with the hand I have with a smile on my face. Maybe that's the point of my life in some weird way.

Maybe the point or part of the point of yours is where you are now, on this forum. A friendly, helpful word can make a big impact to someone out there even though you may never know about it yourself.

I hope that all makes some sort of sense, I tend to ramble when I have so many thoughts in my head trying to get out.

Latest posts

Back