Does anyone else here play Wordle?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

Lemonbalm

Reaction score
I kept hearing about Wordle online and didn't know what it was, so I had to Google it. For those that don't know, it's a fun daily word game, where you have to try to guess a 5 letter word in up to 6 tries. Now I'm hooked! It's just a shame that there's only one word a day, so you have to wait 24 hours for the next game. :( I've been doing Wordle for a few days now, and so far I've managed to guess the word in 3 or 4 tries each day. So, is anyone else here hooked on Wordle?

ringwood

Reaction score
My boss mentioned it in a ZOOM meeting the other day, he’s a sucker for the latest viral sensation. I tried it a couple of times - got the word on the third try both times. There’s an old-school board game out there (name escapes me at the moment) that’s very similar, but with numbers. Anyway, cool little game but I’m not hooked on it. I prefer those word games where you’re given a long word and tasked to make as many smaller words from it within a time limit.

TheRealCallie

Princess Pink Love
Reaction score
My boss mentioned it in a ZOOM meeting the other day, he’s a sucker for the latest viral sensation. I tried it a couple of times - got the word on the third try both times. There’s an old-school board game out there (name escapes me at the moment) that’s very similar, but with numbers. Anyway, cool little game but I’m not hooked on it. I prefer those word games where you’re given a long word and tasked to make as many smaller words from it within a time limit.

Don't know about the board game, but there is (was? Don't know if it's still on) called Lingo that's exactly like that. I don't play it myself. I also prefer the games where you have to make a bunch of words out of a long word.

Lemonbalm

Reaction score
Yes, I also like the game where you make as many words as you can from a long word. I think my favourite word games are codewords, which is a bit like a crossword puzzle without the clues.

Lemonbalm

Reaction score
Don't know about the board game, but there is (was? Don't know if it's still on) called Lingo that's exactly like that. I don't play it myself. I also prefer the games where you have to make a bunch of words out of a long word.
I didn't know what Lingo was so I just Googled it, and apparently there's also a free Lingo phone app. That should keep me busy for a while! :)

Latest posts