Does anyone have autism here?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonymousMe

Reaction score
I've been tasked by my psychologist to talk with girls that have autism and I'm just wondering if there's any here to chat with me.

TheRealCallie said:
Why does he want to you talk to girls with autism?

'Cause I also have autism and we thought it'd be a good way to start improving my social skills with girls, then ease my way into more normal girls.

AnonymousMe said:
TheRealCallie said:
Why does he want to you talk to girls with autism?

'Cause I also have autism and we thought it'd be a good way to start improving my social skills with girls, then ease my way into more normal girls.

Hmm, I guess I can kind of see his point a little bit because someone else who has autism is going to be less likely to notice or care about the unique tendencies of being autistic, but on the other hand, I'm not sure if that's the best course of action.  Singling out certain individuals like that seems kind of wrong.

I'm not autistic, like I said, but I'd be more than willing to talk to you so you can improve, if you'd like.

TheRealCallie said:
I'm not sure if that's the best course of action.  Singling out certain individuals like that seems kind of wrong.

I'm not autistic, like I said, but I'd be more than willing to talk to you so you can improve, if you'd like.

To be fair, that was my idea, so it's more like me singling out myself out of individuals, I already suck ass at interacting with normal people, so I might as well try first with people that are more like me.

Well, if you wanna talk, then feel free to send me a private message.

AnonymousMe said:
TheRealCallie said:
I'm not sure if that's the best course of action.  Singling out certain individuals like that seems kind of wrong.

To be fair, that was my idea, so it's more like me singling out myself out of individuals, I already suck ass at interacting with normal people, so I might as well try first with people that are more like me.

I think you can find "normal" people who understand and know how to talk to someone with autism.

AnonymousMe said:
I've been tasked by my psychologist to talk with girls that have autism and I'm just wondering if there's any here to chat with me.

And where does your psychologist suggest you to find autistic girls to talk to?

Well, the autistic girls are probably hooking up with normal guys because females are higher up on the dating ladder then equivalent males. But, you can always hope. You might get lucky and find one that just got dumped.

I have aspergers (diagnosed 2007), although am quite atypical (or so I'm told at least) in that my humour is very much based on sarcasm and irony, which apparently is something many "aspies" don't understand. The only thing I would say my condition greatly impairs is my social skills. I'm incredibly socially awkward around people I don't know well.

Finished said:
Well, the autistic girls are probably hooking up with normal guys because females are higher up on the dating ladder then equivalent males. But, you can always hope. You might get lucky and find one that just got dumped.

No disrespect, but I think some of your wording here comes across as rather ignorant and insulting to people with autism. Words like "normal" imply that we're abnormal, i.e. freaks. Normal is a broad spectrum and subjective to a degree.

Nicolelt said:
AnonymousMe said:
TheRealCallie said:

I think you can find "normal" people who understand and know how to talk to someone with autism.
I had a family member who was diagnosed late in his sixties with Aspergers.I never had any trouble conversing and understanding what he was like as a person.I could sit for hours amazed at his photo graphic memory about his favourite sport, but in the seventies to early nineties no one really new about the condition so we thought he was just different.He also had a good friend at his local sports club who I think was very kind to him the way he welcomed him when I dropped him off there.Also a friend that would travel across a city to visit and would also stay all evening chatting away about this and that .

He never had a girlfriend and his father took him everywhere even got him a job which he was in his whole life.But we had to keep an eye on him because a couple of times dodgy characters who we found out later were burglars took advantage of his vulnerability.I only found out late in life when his doctor diagnosed him about his Aspergers but I was too busy with family to even research it also I rarely saw him then,out of sight out of mind.He seemed to be popular at work I'm assuming but who knows and would laugh for hours at a time about a joke,I'm not exaggerating having visited and been witness to this and was told he would frequently do this .But once when I sat with him he told me he was really lonely but so was I at that time so had no clue how to deal with it because I was young and it was a bad time for me.

Myra said:
And where does your psychologist suggest you to find autistic girls to talk to?

Sorry for responding late.
Anywhere online, this is not the only site I tried and, so far, I've had zero luck.

Finished said:

Alright, hoping to get lucky is the only thing that's keeping me afloat in life anyway.

Forgottendanfan said:
No disrespect, but I think some of your wording here comes across as rather ignorant and insulting to people with autism. Words like "normal" imply that we're abnormal, i.e. freaks. Normal is a broad spectrum and subjective to a degree.

To be fair man, he's not totally incorrect, there are 3 levels of autism and level 3's can be pretty extreme.
I, nevertheless, I agree with you, I find many things that people consider "abnormal" normal.

Some questions are out-dated:

29. I am not very good at remembering phone numbers

13. I would rather go to a library than to a party.

And this one is stupid:  50. I find it very easy to play games with children that involve pretending.
How should you answer if you never play with children?!

Myra said:
Some questions are out-dated:

29. I am not very good at remembering phone numbers

13. I would rather go to a library than to a party.

And this one is stupid:  50. I find it very easy to play games with children that involve pretending.
How should you answer if you never play with children?!

Ha! Ha! Doesn't everybody play with children? I guess it's a trick question of some sort.

Latest posts

Back