does anything make you feel better?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
Does anything or something that you do,make you feel better about your depression and loneliness?

pranks on youtube made by GilstrapTV, HumorBagel, Juanillo Bushman, etc (also incel humor like Joe Goes) ... then I re-watch movies proven to work with my mood (I can hardly watch new movies) ... also I'm looking forward for the big sport events (this year we have soccer World Cup)

pranks on youtube made by GilstrapTV, HumorBagel, Juanillo Bushman, etc (also incel humor like Joe Goes) ... then I re-watch movies proven to work with my mood (I can hardly watch new movies) ... also I'm looking forward for the big sport events (this year we have soccer World Cup)
That's awesome Cherubino

I know it's the wrong answer, but, drinking.

A more healthier answer might be exercising, or getting things done on my to-do list.

But nothing really makes up for how I feel. The only thing keeping me going is the hope that I might figure out how to get what I want someday. If I knew for 100% certainty that a better life was impossible for me, because I wasn't talented or lucky enough to be able to achieve/succeed enough, then I'd just give up on life today.

Last edited:
Watching a good comedy or something funny on YouTube. I am currently watching some funny anime I found online. It cheers me up a littlrle bit which, in these days, is a lot.

Food. I love the feeling of being totally stuffed. I sit back and rub my belly as the endorphins and dopamine flow through my body.

Luckily I'm able to stuff my belly with healthy stuff and TONS of fiber. So, the food doesn't stick with me. :)

Sleeping. I love to be able to shut down, close my eyes, and for the most part leave this world and dream.

Loneliness thankfully is not much of a problem for me.
So long as I have basic social interaction through work and with my family and the 1 or 2 friends I have in town outside of work that I see once a week or so, that's pretty much all of the socialization I can handle as an introvert at the age of 34. I've only got about a 12-hour battery for socializing IRL before it wears me down. Basically just enough to get through a work day.
That's why I only have 2 friends I see on my weekends, because I'm only off 2 days a week, and I need a day to myself in there. So I alternate the weeks that I see them. If I thought they'd get along, I'd introduce them, but I know both of them, and they'd absolutely get into arguments with each other, and I have such an abhorrence to social drama that I'd rather just not try it.

I don't really think there is a "feeling better" when it comes to managing clinical depression without medication. Weed helps, but that's an if I have it kind of a thing, and I rarely have it.

The most I can do is try to keep my priorities straight, and that's about as far as it goes.
Eventually the things that I enjoy doing leisurely stop being enjoyable. I find comfort spots in them regardless, ways to kill the time, just wait until it lifts, really. 🤷‍♂️

It isn't all bad, there's definitely benefits, pros to the cons. The Weightlessness of Thoughts becomes incredibly useful, I excel at my job in my career path because of it, to a point that even my boss is jealous of my ability to do so, but, I don't think she understands the gravity of the cost of it.

I exercise daily (long distance running, biking and bootcamp 2 nights a week) and oddly enough, those activities do NOT help my loneliness, in fact, when out on a long run by myself it just reminds me of the rest of my day and how I don't feel any different, heh.

I have many friends however and spend a lot of my free time with them, that is the only time I feel better about my chronic depression, I allow myself to enjoy the moment (I've read where others still feel alone even when surrounded by friends and family - I can't imagine that, it must be hard), it works for me. However, I know when the fun passes and I head home, etc, the pain returns, like it's just a temporary distraction when I'm with company.

Does anything or something that you do,make you feel better about your depression and loneliness?

The one thing that always makes me feel better is listening to music. I seem to always escape anytime I'm listening to music or one of my records that I own. What do you normally do to pass time? Is there anything you enjoy or love to do? :)

Listen to music that's kinda sad. That helps me unlock some pushed down emotions. I also try to distract myself cause it's when it's silent that I struggle the most.
Also, just talking to someone on voice also helps alot.

Latest posts

Back