DONT USE SOCIAL MEDIA!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So while social media has it's downsides, it also has it's upsides.

I have a Facebook account but this is pretty much locked down so that I am not broadcasting my life to the whole wide world, basically, if you are not my friend you can not see anything other that what Facebook deems to be public by default, mainly my name and profile/cover picture. As well as that, no-one is my "friend" on there who doesn't actually personally know me.

I am not really one for sharing a lot on there, nothing personal that for sure, and I totally get the point that you can sit there scrolling through it comparing your life to others on it which can have a negative affect, but you have to remember to look past all the rubbish that gets posted.

For me personally, I found it very helpful on a number of occasions when I was in hospital having surgery. I was quite away from home and my friends and being able to use Facebook, (I set up a completely private group), to keep in contact with them really help me get through my stays, especially on the days where I had no visitors.

So while social media has it's downsides, it also has it's upsides.

I have a Facebook account but this is pretty much locked down so that I am not broadcasting my life to the whole wide world, basically, if you are not my friend you can not see anything other that what Facebook deems to be public by default, mainly my name and profile/cover picture. As well as that, no-one is my "friend" on there who doesn't actually personally know me.

I am not really one for sharing a lot on there, nothing personal that for sure, and I totally get the point that you can sit there scrolling through it comparing your life to others on it which can have a negative affect, but you have to remember to look past all the rubbish that gets posted.

For me personally, I found it very helpful on a number of occasions when I was in hospital having surgery. I was quite away from home and my friends and being able to use Facebook, (I set up a completely private group), to keep in contact with them really help me get through my stays, especially on the days where I had no visitors.
That's the original concept and proper use of social media. It was the initial idea, to keep people connected.

Of course, add humanity to it and you end up with a marketing scheme designed to generate money. Not the original concept...
But, used for the right reasons, as stated above, it's a perfectly fine tool.

It has become very popular on the Internet for people to achieve everything at once. Such people tend to brag about their conscious approach to life, food, and ecology. Initially, it was pretty cool and cool, but now it has turned into a public display. People are doing it more often to be noticed and treated well.

isnt this site technically social media? its a media and we are socializing.

It has become very popular on the Internet for people to achieve everything at once. Such people tend to brag about their conscious approach to life, food, and ecology. Initially, it was pretty cool and cool, but now it has turned into a public display. People are doing it more often to be noticed and treated well.
That's why I think we need to show people more of the real situation on the planet. However, such videos don't get many views. For such cases, you can use the help of https://famoid.com/instagram-reels/ . I think it can help attract more interested people to the ecology problem.

Latest posts

Back