dream a little dream

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If by dream you mean what I wish for then right now I wish to work a job I am actually interested in and use the income to fund my hobbies. Followed closely by finding a possible partner that I can hopefully grow closer to and, over time, we start sharing our lives together.

Now, if by dream you mean my actual dreams that I have while sleeping then, last dream I can remember is of a bullet train on a rail going through a dark cavern. After a while, all lights go out and stay off for a couple seconds. Then, when the lights come back on, the train is replaced with a shark, with the rail going through its mouth and out its end. The shark is dead and bloodied.

I guess that was more of a nightmare than a dream 😅

For many years I used to dream about a giant dog that would chase me for hours. Then he would always catch up to me and start pulling my arm and legs off. Then I would wake up breathing really hard just as he would bite into my chest and kill me. But, I haven't had that dream for a couple decades.

Now many of my dreams are violent car chases, shot outs, stabbings, and various fights. But I also dream quite a bit about reliving the trips and hikes that I've done. And I also dream about reliving encounters with women that turn out to be quite successful. Ha! ha!

Every so often I dream that I'm pinned down in a collapsed building or car or something and I can not move. I wake up and for a few seconds I still can not move. It seems to take a lot of effort when I do finally move too.

I remember a lot of my dreams because I wake up as they seem to finish. Then I think about them. Sometimes I realize that I am angry, sad, or happy. I even laugh about them too sometimes.

I only remember walking from the kitchen with a cup of coffee and in the middle of the floor of the entry hall there was what looked liked one of my cats. It was still dark outside but the chandelier was dimmed down to cast just enough light to make the cat noticeable. I start toward it and the closer I get the less it looks like a cat. Standing over it with my coffee in hand I nudged it with my foot and it rolled over as if it were perfectly round like a ball, its then that I see its not a cat but a severed head. I took a sip of coffee and walked away. I don't think I even recognized the face of the head. Anyway, I woke up.

My dreams don't make any sense to me at all. They're very non linear and usually consist of a baffling, seemingly unrelated sequence of random events.

Those sound a lot like mine, too.
I hear about cool dreams other people have, with clear worlds, characters, and plot lines, but mine are just a jumbled mess of nonsense that I can't make heads or tails of.

Some recurring dreams I've had:

- Punching some person, one time another version of me, over and over with all my might, only for it to do no damage.

- Climbing up the stairs on my elementary school playground, getting about halfway up and then falling sideways across the empty field.

- Someone going over my high school records and telling me I have to retake some course over again, usually something with specific knowledge where you know it or you don't, like Spanish, physics, or math. But I can't just take the course remotely, I have to literally go back to high school, sit in class, have a locker and everything, but at my current age. One time I got to drive my car to school in one of these "High School Re-Do" dreams, so that was kinda cool since I didn't have a car back then.

- A variation on the "High School Re-Do" - instead of having to retake Spanish/physics/math, I'm in a class where I haven't done any of the work for the semester, and I have to do an entire semester's worth of work in a single day.

Then I remember I had one dream that was a one-off, where I had two cars, a white 4th gen Mustang GT, and a 2nd gen "Bandit" Trans Am in bronze. I wondered to myself, which car do I want to take to class today...which car even has gas in it...I took so long to decide, that I woke up before I got to drive 😆

When I was on that other forum, High Existence, one of the things we talked about was lucid dreaming - learning how to control what happens in a dream. It was an interesting idea, and several people there claimed to be able to do it. I wanted to use it to meet aliens and magical creatures, or to have some entity show me how to unlock my imagination. But I was never able to pull it off.

Last edited:
I dream someone is trying to kill me and I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. It's different scenarios. I was on a helicopter over the ocean. Some men put me in a black plastic bag. They throw me overboard. I can't swim. So I either open the bag and drown or stay in the bag and suffocate.
I drive my car through mountains and a man in his car chases me trying to kill me. Just when I start to put distance between us, the mountain road I'm on narrows so I either drive off a cliff or stop and the guy kills me.
I've had so many dreams like that. I know it's the PTSD. As far as meds, nothing works.

Maybe some time in the future dream therapy will be possible like in the movie.....

iu

I had a dream last night that I was driving a black Aston Martin V8 Vantage roadster, circa mid 2000s to mid 2010s:

AstonMartinV8VantageRoadsterBlack.jpg

Oh well, it was a nice fantasy. It must have been because I saw one just like it recently.

Latest posts

Back