dreaming of people

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefish555

Reaction score
Does anyone ever have vivid dreams of community? More and more I keep having these elaborate dreams where I'm surrounded by people, they're either my family (in dreams, not sure who they are) or my friends, but in the dreams I'm like some hot commodity or comfortable participant in the tribe. It's usually some adventure of intertwined people, and I'm connected to them somehow, naturally. It must be from the books I'm reading or the shows I'm watching or memories of school or youth when there were full casts of characters to care about. Parties, multiple interactions, intrigue, conversations. I hope it happens again. It's been really fascinating to have the experience be right there when I wake up, like I was just at a barbecue or something, and yet actually so vert far away from my reality. I hardly know anyone anymore. I know it's up to me making some moves when things get "safer." I do know almost everyone all around the world is most likely feeling extremely isolated right now, so that's a different kind of community, comforting in its own right. I'm not sure what my point is, other than it's been such a weird trip to remember something in dreams that I clearly am so removed from now - people. I'm glad to be here though in this group. I do like talking and visiting and hearing what others are going through and thinking.

I used to have dreams about being in crowds full of people with no faces, yet everyone was still very expressive. I tried talking to the faceless people and they of course couldn't answer, but they could use head poses and shakes to show anger, happiness or curiosity. They didn't seem to suffer at all, they just went about their business with no faces. I could tell that I had a face in the dreams because I could talk, so I was the only faced person among the faceless. Did it mean anything? Possibly something about alienation? I don't know. I just knew that I would wake up sweating after those dreams, though nothing really scary happened in them. I'm not sure if that qualifies as a dream of community or some kind of anti-community. They were pretty disturbing dreams, so I'm glad that they eventually stopped.

I used to have dreams about being in crowds full of people with no faces, yet everyone was still very expressive. I tried talking to the faceless people and they of course couldn't answer, but they could use head poses and shakes to show anger, happiness or curiosity. They didn't seem to suffer at all, they just went about their business with no faces. I could tell that I had a face in the dreams because I could talk, so I was the only faced person among the faceless. Did it mean anything? Possibly something about alienation? I don't know. I just knew that I would wake up sweating after those dreams, though nothing really scary happened in them. I'm not sure if that qualifies as a dream of community or some kind of anti-community. They were pretty disturbing dreams, so I'm glad that they eventually stopped.
ewomack It seems like you understood the faceless people in the dream though, like through their affect and head angles you could tell how they felt, so I vote yes, that is definitely a community-based dream.

My dreams tend to be about fairly recent daily events, albeit disjointed. Often filled with bizarre abstract encounters, a bit like a Hieronymus Bosch painting: beautiful and detailed, yet peppered with surreal and disturbing nonsense.

My dreams tend to be about fairly recent daily events, albeit disjointed. Often filled with bizarre abstract encounters, a bit like a Hieronymus Bosch painting: beautiful and detailed, yet peppered with surreal and disturbing nonsense.
Colster, were you able to read the butt-music in your
dream? Either way yours sound also to me community-based, from information provided :). There is so much going on this one, total dreamscape!

Attachments

• bosch.jpg
    bosch.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 53
  • earthly.png
    earthly.png
    905.1 KB · Views: 55
I can't remember what tune that is, but apparently it is a genuine tune, something like Darth Vader's death march.

I dream of staying away from people. I dream of camping, hiking, fishing, 4x4 trips, all kinds of outdoor activities. But, occationally I do dream of finding a stranded, barely clothed, female super model when I'm out doing those other things. Sometimes there's even more then one. Does that count as people?

I dream of staying away from people. I dream of camping, hiking, fishing, 4x4 trips, all kinds of outdoor activities. But, occationally I do dream of finding a stranded, barely clothed, female super model when I'm out doing those other things. Sometimes there's even more then one. Does that count as people?
Yes! Three's company

In my dreams i'm rarely with groups of people. I usually hug a female i've never met in real life. Those dreams are usually interrupted and i wake up. I try to fall asleep hoping to resume the same dream but it never happens. Had multiple dreams like that. Other dreams flying somewhere but the plane can't gain altitude. flying very low through the city streets and concrete jungle highrises following some road with cars trees power lines below the plane. Sometimes i'm on vacation on some caribbean island trying to get somewhere. A few times i was being chocked by someone and once or twice i had a gun pointed at me. The last two were nightmares and i screamed in my sleep. Woke up from my own screaming noise. I rarely dream. Even my brain gets tired from real life stress.

Lately i've been having sleep/dream paralysis? From stress, i think. My eyes are open, i'm aware of my surroundings, i'm ready to wake up, but i can't move at all. It can last probably under 30 seconds. I force myself to wake up inside my head and it seems like i'm awake but i'm not. Can't move. Then i try to scream or tell myself inside/internally to wake up and that usually does it for me.

Last edited:
I usually dream just the opposite. A world devoid of people. Futuristic, apocalyptic dreams I've had as long as I can remember. Like those shows "Earth fifty years after people..."
As if humanity suddenly vanished and I'm just roaming around the empty cities long after. Maybe searching for something, someone.
It's never depressing, though. The ruins are quite beautiful. It doesn't have a dystopian feel.

Latest posts

Back