dying at 50 years of age

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitepeony

Reaction score
I already said that I am totally alone, almost isolated since 1984... Through the years there were 5 people that I talked with, that were significant relationships to me, they were even talking, dialoguing with me - 4 women and 1 man, no sexual meaning at all, only friendship. One of them even talked to me in the past 12 years or so, and she even helped me financially. 13 years ago I met her and her family on Easter day and she was pregnant, then she met me a few more times on Easter or Christmas. I had seen both her children - the boy only in photographs and the older child, a girl, a saw her in her infancy and when she was a toddler. I really cared for this woman, she lived in another city, she was my colleague in high school (lycée). She was an endocrinologist. Only 2 days ago I found on the internet that she tragically died in a car accident while she was driving her car towards my city, Bucharest, one year ago, on Christmas Eve. She was accompanied by a 12-year-old child, probably her boy that she was pregnant with when we started to meet again in 2008-2009. It is uncertain if the child survived. I felt grief, to me it was painful - she was my only contact, my only friend - and I felt that her life was cut off too soon, maybe she was about to live new good experiences by herself. Sadly enough, she had told me one year earlier that she had divorced her husband. Gone too soon maybe... may she rest in peace. She was talkative but she knew how to keep silent, she was generous and kind and many times she spoke the truth, even if hurtful.
1.JPG

Last edited:
It's hard to understand loss from death. It's harder when you are involved. My dad was killed in a crash, years and years ago, but it doesn't let go. I wonder still if there was some way I could have prevented it. There is a lot of survivor guilt there. Long story.

I lost a sister and then a niece a few years back. It was a distant loss, meaning I was nowhere close. There's a difference, but it still never goes away.

Sorry for your loss. I wish there was someway to fill the hollow. But I've not found one.

Thank you very much. I am alone and it feels bad. This friend that I lost told me something memorable last time I saw her - she thanked me that I comforted her when we were young when she felt bad and rejected by others - I invited her to my place and offered her popcorn and this seemed to be a humane and warm gesture to her. She asked me if I do remember that moment in time - I said no, but I thanked her for this story. Here we were both of us, when she was pregnant with her second child:
irina.jpg

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss, I understand I have lost many close to me younger then 50....

So sorry for your loss, I understand I have lost many close to me younger then 50....
It is a sad thing, maybe the only thing hard to come to terms with about the human condition - dying, and it is the root of other evils. We use to think that death is a consequence of other evils. Society is not equal and fair to anyone, just as there are ups and downs, fall and spring, etc. My friend sent me a photo with a sculpture exactly one week before her accident and death - I did not comprehend why she sent me that picture and I sent her back a picture of mine, with little blossoming violets.

It is a sad thing, maybe the only thing hard to come to terms with about the human condition - dying, and it is the root of other evils. We use to think that death is a consequence of other evils. Society is not equal and fair to anyone, just as there are ups and downs, fall and spring, etc. My friend sent me a photo with a sculpture exactly one week before her accident and death - I did not comprehend why she sent me that picture and I sent her back a picture of mine, with little blossoming violets.
I don't understand what you mean about "dying being the root of other evils"

I don't understand what you mean about "dying being the root of other evils"
I meant that the death of others can lead to other misfortunate events (among them sadness) in the lives of the survivors. Plus - we do a huge part of our deeds in order to prepare for death or to avoid death.

We use to think that death is a consequence of other evils.
Death, perhaps, is another ladder we ought to climb. Yesterday a friend I´m visiting (the one I´m using his internet conn) showed me a video where a nice woman says that, in a parking lot, where car dealers have their automobiles, those which have been proven to be ALL TERRAIN, are the ONLY ones to wear a sight that says: All terrain (and few are sold that way, because they are MORE that a SIMPLE car to be driven.

You were a teacher, so you get the morals of that analogy, used humanly.

See you one of these days!.

I already said that I am totally alone, almost isolated since 1984... Through the years there were 5 people that I talked with, that were significant relationships to me, they were even talking, dialoguing with me - 4 women and 1 man, no sexual meaning at all, only friendship. One of them even talked to me in the past 12 years or so, and she even helped me financially. 13 years ago I met her and her family on Easter day and she was pregnant, then she met me a few more times on Easter or Christmas. I had seen both her children - the boy only in photographs and the older child, a girl, a saw her in her infancy and when she was a toddler. I really cared for this woman, she lived in another city, she was my colleague in high school (lycée). She was an endocrinologist. Only 2 days ago I found on the internet that she tragically died in a car accident while she was driving her car towards my city, Bucharest, one year ago, on Christmas Eve. She was accompanied by a 12-year-old child, probably her boy that she was pregnant with when we started to meet again in 2008-2009. It is uncertain if the child survived. I felt grief, to me it was painful - she was my only contact, my only friend - and I felt that her life was cut off too soon, maybe she was about to live new good experiences by herself. Sadly enough, she had told me one year earlier that she had divorced her husband. Gone too soon maybe... may she rest in peace. She was talkative but she knew how to keep silent, she was generous and kind and many times she spoke the truth, even if hurtful.
View attachment 2817
We all are travelers. This earth is our temporary destination where we live for a while. We all should seriously think about our arrival and object in this world and our departure towards back to Allah. We all should solve this mystery and find our object to stay on earth.

When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.”
-John 11:43-44

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
-Revelation 21:4

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I know the feeling. From time to time i look up old friends and every once and a while find out about a different friend from my youth passing away. Happened last week actually- I looked up an old friend from High School and learned she passed, leaving behind two children.

I hope you find the peace that you deserve.

Latest posts

Back