Egomaniac seeks gullible stunner.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colster

Reaction score
Ok, so this newbie thing.

It's difficult to make this note seem like either a plea for help, or a dating advertisement. It's intended as neither.

48 M England. Weird, reasonably intelligent, off sense of humour. Confident, articulate, and devilishly handsome. Oh, and modest too!

All that aside, I haven't really engaged with anyone in 2 years. Turned off social media, the phone, and just withdrew from people, least those that were around me.

I'm very comfortable in my own company, although would not consider myself a loner. Yet, somehow at this particular period of my life, I don't seem to fit in where I once had (insert euphemisms here).

Not a 'stunner' but welcome to the forums.

Welcome to the forums man, good to have you here. I laughed so much at your ' Keith's ' post I ended up with coffee all over my laptop.

Greetings Colster, I am one of 'those' people that when pandemic hit and we enter lockdown, was relieved the pressure to be around people was removed 🙂 think just needed a break and realign myself with me. I somewhat understand your withdrawal. But nowadays, I yearn to get out in the world, but there are so many complications... keeping up with latest protocols. Bloody confused now 🤯 do I stay in hiding or make effort and show my face out there again. Welcome to the world (forum) of in between 😉. Cheers.

^ I have absolutely no desire for things to return to as they were. I really detest the local culture whereby everything revolves around alcohol. The superficial friendships. The xenophobic outlook to almost everything.

Disguises are not yet in use. But if I must go into familiar areas, the supermarket, etc, then I will dress differently to what I usually known for. I don't want the people of my past, approaching me.

Thoughts have been given to relocating and starting anew. Unfortunately, for a multitude of reasons, that is not possible in the immediate foreseeable future.

Similarly, full-on reclusive paranoia has not yet set in. Today, for example, I still met a friend for lunch, in full public. Some of the public even got conversation from me. Although admittedly, my friend and I, had met in a place where I knew nobody, and there was little chance of bumping into anyone we know.

Sometimes, albeit not often, I wonder whether it is the mid-life crisis, only in reverse. Gone is the partying and numerous female friends. Replaced by solitude, nature, and such like.

Most annoyingly and quite contradictory, I also really wish for good conversation, hearty laughter, and occasionally just being around another human. Although, increasingly, that too equated to requiring far too effort and trust.

As a final thought. There was a point around mid summer, as we were coming out of the Covid restrictions, when people did actually seem as though they were being nicer towards others. My immediate community felt more positive. The recent political events have subsequently obliterated that good will. I had somewhat naively, hoped that we all might have learnt to become a little more tolerant, throughout the lock down.

Last edited:
^ I have absolutely no desire for things to return to as they were. I really detest the local culture whereby everything revolves around alcohol. The superficial friendships. The xenophobic outlook to almost everything.
What is it with the British and binge drinking?, I can't bare to be in one place for too long and have spent the best part of the last 25 years travelling. I was shocked on my return to London to find most of my old mates. that I grew up with, were still working the same jobs that they hated, in the same toxic relationships, blaming all their woes on immigrants and still spending their weekends drinking themselves into oblivion.

Thoughts have been given to relocating and starting anew. Unfortunately, for a multitude of reasons, that is not possible in the immediate foreseeable future.
I'm selling up and getting the feck outta here asap

I've been in this house 13 years in January. 18 years in this region. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, there is nothing here for me anymore. Although that too comes with the issue of, where next?

British drinking attitudes are bizarre. So much revolves around it. Even those who don't actually drink alcohol, are trapped by nearly everything social, is planned around drink. And when not in pubs drinking, we do it at home, or the bottle of wine at lunch with the parents, etc.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1423597105505.jpg
    FB_IMG_1423597105505.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Back