Empire

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bam111

Abandon your fear. Look forward.
Reaction score
A real-life Game of Thrones Empires and there Monarches Kings, Queens and Nobles how they came to be and how they began some of the most prominent figures in history their stories and what we may learn from them. In this thread we visit timelines in the past and get to see what things were like as to hopefully learn from them about how they worked, what they did and how they effected the world around them. The stories told here are all based on historical events that took place long ago, as to find out how these systems played a role in effecting are future and how they corollate to us now in the present time. this is a thread dedicated to knowledge and learning of historical events not for spiritual or debate purposes please enjoy.

Rise of Sumer

Sargon The Great

A side note: it is mentioned here that Sargons armies used the phalanx formation a technique later on used by the Spartans the strongest formation consisting of a block of heavily armed infantry standing shoulder to shoulder in files several ranks deep. Could the Greeks have learned this technique from the Sumerians? perhaps they are decedents of Sumer that migrated to what was known as Sparta. Or maybe they learned of this formation in battling other Sumerian ancestors of Sargon or even read about the formation and practiced its effectiveness by teachings written down and passed on somehow into Greece? very interesting indeed.

Hammurabi First Babylonian Emperor

Building a dam to weaken his opponent and then flooding them is a very unusual tactic reminds me a beaver building dams in order to build its home must have spent a lot of time studying animals maybe? lol idk sounds crazy but I guess it worked out for this king never herd of this tactic before. His code was a bit extreme as well reminds me of the older testament of some books I don't have to mention but most will know (an eye for an eye.)

I have an interest in the fall of empires as well. They seem to have a common set of patterns from their rise to fall.

I have an interest in the fall of empires as well. They seem to have a common set of patterns from their rise to fall.
all to true there is a lot I learn from history and how it tends to repeat itself, thank you for sharing :)

Latest posts

Back