Even loners get lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SecondStarTotheRight

Semi-Eccentric Recluse
Reaction score
Hello 🍃🍂
I think I joined this place years ago and just happened to find it again. Wish I would have stayed with it and gotten involved...
I belonged to A Party of One a long while back. Guess I'm like this for life. A loner who sometimes gets lonely...
Can't 'connect' with just anyone. Hard to explain deep loneliness. The world moves so fast. So many choices to distract. So many unseen things that people don't pay attention to...

Hellow StarTwo. There is a bit of a paradox in not paying attention to unseen things. But it doesn't make it wrong. :)

I think there are two kinds of lonely. The kind where you want people, that tiny crowd to play a game with, to meet at a diner on a Saturday morning. And there is the other kind of lonely where you long for a person to share your inner thoughts, your touch, your hope for the love of a lifetime.

I've got both variances. In the first case, people will hang with me for a short time, but then I find myself alone again. I'm either repulsive, or it's just hard for them to keep up. I prefer to think the latter. In the second case, there is a need to fix a mistake before you can blossom into the new.

There is lonely and I'll live with it. And there is lonely and I'm dying. I wonder how there can be so many lonely people in the world. Why don't we just all meet at that diner on Saturday.. you know?

Welcome. I hope there is comfort here to ease the lonely, whichever it is.

Hi, thank you so much for warm welcomes and camaraderie, Callie and JJ.
JJ, that's so insightful. I'm the 'other kind of lonely'. It's not that I detest people or being around them so much as that most tend to drain me. So I'm not comfortable being around them long. I don't mind ever admitting I'm lonely, but it's often taken in a more superficial manner - as in I'm looking for shallow company.
But a nice idea - the lonely should all "meet at that diner on Saturday"...

Hello everyone. I can certainly relate to finding difficulty getting close to people.

People warm up to me really quick, but even so, much of the time loneliness sets in and it is undeniable to myself that I am bound to that feeling.

I would like for you all to read an article I wrote and share your thoughts. Here it is:

https://www.alonelylife.com/threads/search-for-true-love-lonesome-vs-lonely.41771/
So, I wonder if you all experience the same dilemma that I do. I appreciate you all.

Hello 🍃🍂
I think I joined this place years ago and just happened to find it again. Wish I would have stayed with it and gotten involved...
I belonged to A Party of One a long while back. Guess I'm like this for life. A loner who sometimes gets lonely...
Can't 'connect' with just anyone. Hard to explain deep loneliness. The world moves so fast. So many choices to distract. So many unseen things that people don't pay attention to...
It's odd how many people are actually like this. We just never seem to find similar people. Or just don't say "hey, just cos I'm not the life of the party, and I don't call every day for small talk, doesn't mean I'm not a great friend".

Latest posts

Back