Ever cried because you hurt someone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CenotaphGirl

Under the dirt, that’s my home ⚰️
Reaction score
Ever cried because you hurt someone?

Such a weird feeling to be so upset that your actions…. So pure with intent hurt someone… its hard to describe how awful it feels. Some people respond to that feeling with anger others with deep sorrow…

Ever experienced this? Nothing is worse than being misunderstood

I've felt bad about my actions many times. I think the person really didn't deserve my harsh reactions. Then later I find out that they intentionally tried to hurt me as much as they could. So, then I laugh at myself for having caring feelings about them and think man I'm stupid. I should toughen up and realize what I did was appropriate!

I ashamed that I have, yes. Even when I was forgiven, I still carried guilt for a long time. It’s a regret and that’s why I never understand when some people say they have no regrets. Surely if you’ve ever hurt or upset someone in your past you wouldn’t do the same again if you had the time over again, so that would qualify as a regret in my reasoning.

Often enough. Doesn't matter wether or not they were warranted, I'm supposed to know better. I take it as a lesson.

Ah remorse, such a human thing.
I mean like say you tried to do something nice for someone and it managed to offend them, how would it make you feel? ✨ nothing makes me feel worse when my good intentions lead me to hell 😅

I mean like say you tried to do something nice for someone and it managed to offend them, how would it make you feel? ✨ nothing makes me feel worse when my good intentions lead me to hell 😅
Happens all of the time. I just remind myself that it's only important that I do the next right thing, and sometimes I'm just not going to get it right. People don't always need the help I can offer, or they have different expectations of what nice things they'd like to see happen to them. A lot of life is pretty thankless, and the good stuff tends to just come along later from unexpected places, not necessarily in the moment I felt I was being helpful.

Sometimes the most helpful and nice thing you can do, is just not be harmful, even if it means no action.
I like this, I feel like I understand why people dont do nice things for each other because it can so easily go wrong, I need to learn how to stop trying to “treat” people

I used to be a very troubled bad teen, hurt people on purpose and spend the night crying in my bed. The fact i cried doesn't fix that i had hurt all those people.

Self pity is an odd feeling.

If I have ever hurt someone I truly care about, yes I have cried and felt horrible about it because I care about people in my life. Especially my family and my friends. In the end, we always end up talking and working it out. I'm not the kind of person to get angry, but not everyone is perfect. I do own up to my mistakes though.

Nope. If I intentionally hurt someone is was because they deserved it or it was the only thing left after trying to be nice and spare their feelings. There are some people who you just can't get through to no matter how hard you try, it just weighs on you and causes unnecessary pain. The one person that left me with no option but to be hurtful to them to the point of making them cry I still do not regret to this day. I tried so hard not to but that caused me nothing but constant grief, to be free I had to do what I didn't want to do. It was actually a huge relief and massive weight off of me to get them out of my life. I've never sought out to be hurtful to anyone, if it ever happened it was because they brought it on themselves.

Nope. If I intentionally hurt someone is was because they deserved it or it was the only thing left after trying to be nice and spare their feelings. There are some people who you just can't get through to no matter how hard you try, it just weighs on you and causes unnecessary pain. The one person that left me with no option but to be hurtful to them to the point of making them cry I still do not regret to this day. I tried so hard not to but that caused me nothing but constant grief, to be free I had to do what I didn't want to do. It was actually a huge relief and massive weight off of me to get them out of my life. I've never sought out to be hurtful to anyone, if it ever happened it was because they brought it on themselves.
Welcome back Sci-Fi ✨ what a powerful perspective ! I try my best not to hurt anyone but I mean… I have been pushed once or twice. It’s strange some people just want that side, i dont understand why.

To the few I hurt with intent.. No, I never cried for them, I never felt any remorse.. they deserved it because they hurt me worse first. There's only 2 I cried for::

One I hurt without meaning to, and that chewed me up in inside. I wanted to help them, to help ease their pain, to stop them from self-harming, and I did... and because I'd befriended them and shown them kindness where it was missing.. they fell in love with me, only I didn't love them back.. but because I was hurt and lonely, I never corrected it and let it go on longer than it should have. I eventually broke it off, and the hurt I felt for hurting this individual lasted a long time, it still bothers me to this day.. even though they've forgiven me, and we're still friends.

The other, I cry out of guilt.. I don't even know if I caused hurt, but the thought still pains me. When my depression was at it's worse, I reached out to an online friend and she gave me SOOO much of her time, she really helped pull me out of some very dark places. Whenever I needed her she was there, and I am beyond grateful for it, I honestly don't think I'd be here today if it wasn't for her. I later learned she had cancer, and even though she was fighting it, she made the time to help me. And the level of guilt I feel, that I took precious time away from her, time that she could have spent with her family and her kids, it hurts me on a level I can't describe. And I know, I know, she would have said that it was time well spent but it still hurts so bad.

To the few I hurt with intent.. No, I never cried for them, I never felt any remorse.. they deserved it because they hurt me worse first. There's only 2 I cried for::

One I hurt without meaning to, and that chewed me up in inside. I wanted to help them, to help ease their pain, to stop them from self-harming, and I did... and because I'd befriended them and shown them kindness where it was missing.. they fell in love with me, only I didn't love them back.. but because I was hurt and lonely, I never corrected it and let it go on longer than it should have. I eventually broke it off, and the hurt I felt for hurting this individual lasted a long time, it still bothers me to this day.. even though they've forgiven me, and we're still friends.

The other, I cry out of guilt.. I don't even know if I caused hurt, but the thought still pains me. When my depression was at it's worse, I reached out to an online friend and she gave me SOOO much of her time, she really helped pull me out of some very dark places. Whenever I needed her she was there, and I am beyond grateful for it, I honestly don't think I'd be here today if it wasn't for her. I later learned she had cancer, and even though she was fighting it, she made the time to help me. And the level of guilt I feel, that I took precious time away from her, time that she could have spent with her family and her kids, it hurts me on a level I can't describe. And I know, I know, she would have said that it was time well spent but it still hurts so bad.
You have to forgive yourself. You have to understand that you are human and not infallible. You also have to understand and accept that you have to allow others to be a friend to you. People get something warm in their heart from helping someone in need, you know that.

Latest posts

Back