Extremely depressed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 181147

Reaction score
I haven’t posted in a while and I needed someone to vent, I guess.
A close relative just died on me, and I’m not coping well. I’m officially alone in the world and have absolutely no family. I’ve been crying all day, not knowing what to do with myself. I hate this. It’s just making my depression worse and now I want to find an easy way to join them.
Thanks for listening

I'm so sorry Scarlet. I wish these words could be more.

I don't know what your living arrangement is like; but, perhaps you could do some searching for a grief support group. It can be helpful to have a little support from others, and not feel so alone, and maybe even make a friend.

Hang in there, okay? Put some feelers out there, a little while, each day, if you can. And try to break things down into smaller pieces and try not to look at the whole situation as one big piece.

Thank-you for sharing your distress. You are strong, and we are not alone in this life, even though it feels very much like we are, some times.

The attachment may seem kind of silly, and not all of it may totally fit your situation; but, you can adapt it, and make it your own.

Take it one step at a time, okay?

Attachments

• not ok.jpg
    not ok.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Grief only lets go after time. It does let go, but you have to give it the time to do so. It's a long cruel hurt, but life is always changing. Don't give up on it.

Last edited:
I think it's good you ventilated your anguish to the forum, Scarlet. Please resist the temptation to take the quick exit from the world. Consider that an alternative response to the death of a close relative is to live your life as well as you reasonably can rather than join them in death.
I'm alone in the world too and buried the four other members of my family. The dark depression will persist for a time and then will eventually recede........endure and wait it out, maybe perform some rituals of goodbye that are meaningful to you. Your life will go on.

Latest posts

Back