Eye contact

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
Is eye contact important to you?Do you have good eye contact when your talking to someone?

Allegedly eyes are the mirror of the soul, so occasionally I like to take a deep look piercing the soul through. Sometimes it intimidates people and they almost instantly look away.

I try to look people in the eyes when I talk to them, I talk to most people on the phone while I'm working, but whenever I do meet someone in person I try always looking them in the eyes. Like @Finished said it a lot of times makes people uncomfortable and they try to look away. And when I see them doing that sometimes I stop and don't keep looking them in the eyes.

Allegedly eyes are the mirror of the soul, so occasionally I like to take a deep look piercing the soul through. Sometimes it intimidates people and they almost instantly look away.

I definitely agree with the notion that the eyes are the mirrors/windows into the soul. You can often tell a lot about someone's personality by looking at their eyes. If the eyes look kind, more often than not, the person follows suit. The same rule applies for mean looking eyes.

I definitely agree with the notion that the eyes are the mirrors/windows into the soul. You can often tell a lot about someone's personality by looking at their eyes. If the eyes look kind, more often than not, the person follows suit. The same rule applies for mean looking eyes.
Good! I think my avatar is correctly using his eyes. Ha! ha!

I don't struggle with it so much but I did notice sometimes I avert my gaze from people when talking to them. It happens as reflex so I am not sure what causes it.

I don't struggle with it so much but I did notice sometimes I avert my gaze from people when talking to them. It happens as reflex so I am not sure what causes it.
I do it too sometimes. I think everybody does. I find that I do it when I say something wrong, am intimidated by the other person, or am trying to remember something. It's difficult for me to look into a very attractive woman's eyes. It's funny. They almost immediately see that I'm not an alpha male and then quickly move on. Ha! ha!

If someone is getting angry and I continue to look into their eyes I get very angry. I'm an exaggerated mirror of the person in front of me. That's why I like to look at happy smiling people, animals, toys, signs, whatever. I see smiles then I smile. Then I feel better.

When I see anger I feel angry and things snowball really fast. I think it's from my early days of getting bullied and then attacking them without thinking about it. It's just become my natural response.

Latest posts

Back