Failure to launch syndrome

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dear guys,

I stumbled across a Dr Phil video with a young 28 year old man whose parents are annoyed at him for not doing much.
Watching this is when I understood how I related to everything this guy is going through, so I am glad I found it.

I got the help of nhs free counselling service, a ] spiritual counsellor and also a Gestalt counsellor who has taken people younger than me out of a failure to launch syndrome.
I had loving parents and as opposed to rotting away, I hope these guys will help me gain spirituality, by having another crack at life and be in full-time employment.

I am on the journey of self love instead of self-hate wish me luck, oh and I am trying quit chocolate addiction!

I will keep you posted.
There is always hope look at me :)

TGK

I am on the journey of self love instead of self-hate wish me luck, oh and I am trying quit chocolate addiction!

Hey, good luck with that. I recommend that, if you're having trouble, instead of quitting chocolate and replacing it with nothing, you should replace it with a healthy snack instead.

I also recommend drinking more water, and exercising. I feel like when I exercise, I naturally want healthier meals than junk food. They're more filling/satisfying and give me more energy.

If you're not having trouble and you have it under control, then just do what works for you.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about it, going back over my life and everything and why things happened the way they did, and I think I got failure to launch syndrome because I don't know what I'm good at, or could be good at. Nothing feels right. I've been afraid that I lack talent and therefore am stuck in a crappy life, my whole life. It's why I backed away from life and retreated into myself in the first place.

The whole story could be a thread in itself and I don't want to derail yours. But yeah, I hope you can find a way out too.

Last edited:
What I would recommend is have something like a wingman- this could be a sibling or one or both of your parents or all three. What that helps me do is deal with intrusive thoughts and motivates me to forget about real negative thoughts, when a loved one is promising it will be okay. As for getting out of it we both will!

I'm disappointed for us both. But if we're both working everybody has to respect us,like -no, but respect- yes. Are you out of depression?

Latest posts

Back