Failure

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took Einstein over a thousand tries to successfully create the light bulb. Where would we be if he gave up?

LOL Edison invented the light bulb and Einstein said the definition of insanity is to "do the same thing over and over and expect different results". Callie you're totally messing with my head aren't you!

The only way you can fail at something is by not attempting it. Getting it wrong 111 times just means you're practicing. 112 might be your lucky number!

Have you tried a different method?

If you try the exact same thing 100 times and it doesn't work, that is insanity and obviously that isn't going to work.

But there's more than one way to go about a task. You need to utilize critical thinking and performance review to figure out what you're doing wrong, and try doing it differently.

Brian said:
Have you tried a different method?

If you try the exact same thing 100 times and it doesn't work, that is insanity and obviously that isn't going to work.

But there's more than one way to go about a task. You need to utilize critical thinking and performance review to figure out what you're doing wrong, and try doing it differently.

You sound like a program manager with the terms critical thinking and performance review :D Seriously though, I think that is good advice. Part of the problem is that I know what I am doing is not working, but I cannot figure out what or how to do differently. I have been seriously failing for the last few years. The 111 failures are just this year alone :S I have been told that being more confident will help, but how can I be confident in something which I have never been successful? I know I need help to be successful, but there is no one that can help me...

AncientBard said:
LOL Edison invented the light bulb and Einstein said the definition of insanity is to "do the same thing over and over and expect different results". Callie you're totally messing with my head aren't you!

Took **** near a whole day for that to be caught?????
****, people must be slipping :p

ME...mess with someone's head? NOOO, never :D

Latest posts

Back