Favorite Movie as a Child

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuke1967

Reaction score
As you get older you think back on your favorite things as a kid, when looking back at movies I remember being totally blown away by Star Wars at the age of 10 in 1977, the opening of the Star Destroyer going by on the screen had me mesmerized, and had me hooked into scifi geekdom, what was your favorite movie in your youth?

BKB9zJnCEAA6MX_.jpg

Labyrinth and The Goonies. I watched Labyrinth again recently and enjoyed it just as much as I did when I was a kid.

Nuke1967 said:
As you get older you think back on your favorite things as a kid, when looking back at movies I remember being totally blown away by Star Wars at the age of 10 in 1977, the opening of the Star Destroyer going by on the screen had me mesmerized, and had me hooked into scifi geekdom, what was your favorite movie in your youth?

BKB9zJnCEAA6MX_.jpg
All four of the movies shown are good flicks...that is, if the Bad News Bears is the original, not "in Breaking Training" and the Charlie Brown movie is "Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown."

beautiful loser said:
Nuke1967 said:

BKB9zJnCEAA6MX_.jpg
All four of the movies shown are good flicks...that is, if the Bad News Bears is the original, not "in Breaking Training" and the Charlie Brown movie is "Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown."

Yeah I remember the summer all those came out, I believe it was breaking training it came out in 77 same year as Star Wars. Saturday Night Fever I had no interest in seeing as a kid, but I remember the songs from it playing on AM that summer, Disco was big then.

Flash Gordon- I was 8 when this came out in theatres. After seeing it once, I was hooked - begged my parents over and over to take me (which they did). Still one of my all-time favorite movies ever, I know every single word by heart....plus the Queen soundtrack rocks! :)

futded.jpg

I loved "The Secret Garden" and "A Little Princess" the 90s remakes.
My mom let me rent 2 movies from the video store every Friday (remember that? Having to rent/check out VHS movies for a few days & return them and had to rewind the tapes to the beginning?) I rented those 2 movies over & over. A few yrs ago I found the DVD that has both these movies in one DVD at Best Buy. I swore that DVD was created just for me! Lol

OH, and "Splash" with Tom Hanks & Darryl Hannah!

I never watched much movie when I was kid. but once I watched this one on VCR and I liked the way he talked, hihi.

terminator-2.jpg

And this one too...

jurassicpark_BIG.jpg

First time I heard T-Rex, really. Didn't had much knowledge about Dinosaurs before this and afterwards it became kind of addiction for me.

ladyforsaken said:
ladyforsaken said:
Veruca said:

This too, I remember watching it several times when I was a kid.

Oh, and Gremlins too!

I just remembered - gotta add Casper to the list. I feel like re-watching this now.

Mygahd yes! Though tbh Gremlins scared me :D. And there was Ghostbusters! And Home Alone...I think we should have a childhood faves movie marathon one of these days. I'll bring the nachos

This is a weird combination, but it's probably a toss up between My Fair Lady and Spaceballs.

Veruca said:
ladyforsaken said:
ladyforsaken said:
Veruca said:

This too, I remember watching it several times when I was a kid.

Oh, and Gremlins too!

I just remembered - gotta add Casper to the list. I feel like re-watching this now.

Mygahd yes! Though tbh Gremlins scared me :D. And there was Ghostbusters! And Home Alone...I think we should have a childhood faves movie marathon one of these days. I'll bring the nachos

I'll bring drinks. Movie marathon... the last time I had that was with my best friend... and I was still teaching back then. Such a long time ago but it was nice.

P.S. I thought the Gremlins were cute... even the evil ones. :D

Oh I am going to date myself I did not see the first two films at a movie theatre.. But they are Dr. Who and the Daleks (1965)and The Day of the Triffids (1963). To which my geekdom was born.. My first real movie was the Jungle Book with dad I won a prize for having a star under my cup and a 45 record of the music. I remember saying "Dad Dad dad " to which my father was "watch the film" but I just kept on saying dad until he finally looked at me and was getting cross.. I said simply "What does this mean?" he was "YOU WON" lol he went and got my record to which I still have today..Good times..

As a teen sorry Nuke I snuck into the restricted Saturday Night Fever and Carrie hehe during my rebellious days lol

Arachne said:
As a teen sorry Nuke I snuck into the restricted Saturday Night Fever and Carrie hehe during my rebellious days lol

I had my moments Arachne, I conned my aunt in 1981 into buying me a ticket to see Heavy Metal, when she asked me "Why a cartoon was rated R?" I said due to some bad language in it ( there was a lot more than bad language lol), I was 13 at the time. I remember when Carrie came out, my taste ran more toward big monsters, I remember going to see the King Kong remake and the low budget Empire of the Ants back around that period of time.

They Died With Their Boots On with Errol Flynn as Gen. Custer.
I remember watching it on TV with my father when I was a little kid in the 70s.

Latest posts

Back