Favorites!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PinkDelusion said:
annik said:
Aww come on be brave :) I've had people take the mick out of stuff I like you shouldn't let that get you down! Be proud. It's your music after all!

I can't really help but to feel down when someone tells me whoever is a fan of this person is retarded. D: Music is one thing I can't discuss with anyone. :x

Oh wow that's horrible. So sorry about that. That's such a shame. I can understand why that would make you down, personally I love my music so much I'd never listen to what anyone says but I know its hard to be like that.

annik said:
PinkDelusion said:
annik said:
Aww come on be brave :) I've had people take the mick out of stuff I like you shouldn't let that get you down! Be proud. It's your music after all!

I can't really help but to feel down when someone tells me whoever is a fan of this person is retarded. D: Music is one thing I can't discuss with anyone. :x

Oh wow that's horrible. So sorry about that. That's such a shame. I can understand why that would make you down, personally I love my music so much I'd never listen to what anyone says but I know its hard to be like that.

I don't just stop listening to the music I love. I love my music, not just for the "beat" like most people, but for the lyrics. It's just that when they do criticize my music I get upset and sometimes cringe at the memory whenever I listen to that musician. Although I still lose myself within it regardless. <3

PinkDelusion said:
annik said:
PinkDelusion said:
annik said:

I don't just stop listening to the music I love. I love my music, not just for the "beat" like most people, but for the lyrics. It's just that when they do criticize my music I get upset and sometimes cringe at the memory whenever I listen to that musician. Although I still lose myself within it regardless. <3

Oh I'm comptely with you on the lyrics! I also can't like anyone if I don't like there voice. Its the sound of that with the lyrics. Well thats good you keep loving what you love! and I guess we just had a chat about music. :D

annik said:
Oh I'm comptely with you on the lyrics! I also can't like anyone if I don't like there voice. Its the sound of that with the lyrics. Well thats good you keep loving what you love! and I guess we just had a chat about music. :D

Oddly there are times when I listen to the lyrics even when someone's voice isn't that
wonderful. xD oh wow, we did. :D

That makes me a bit happy. <3

PinkDelusion said:
Favorite Musicians/Songs/Album: Um...I'm afraid to name any. Everytime I do people say they suck. :(

If we all had the same taste then the majority of musicians would be out of work. I really doubt anyone else's taste is more valid than your own, no matter how snobbish they may be about it.

PinkDelusion said:
Oddly there are times when I listen to the lyrics even when someone's voice isn't that
wonderful. xD oh wow, we did. :D

That makes me a bit happy. <3

That's cool! It's a sticking point with me though...Oops! My thing is I'm still a person who buys cd's becuse I have to have the inlay with all the artwork and lyrics and stuff. I won't be without that. I won't start downloading until its all you can do!

Yay! I'm sure you'll find people who share your tastes at some point too or at least people who won't make you feel bad.

1. Favorite Colors: White, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow
2. Favorite Foods: Carnivorous, everything that tastes good :D
3. Favorite Musicians: Varied
4. Favorite Songs: Varied
5. Favorite Albums: Varied
6. Favorite Movies: Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Back to The Future, Valkyrie, Inception.
7. Favorite Animals: Dogs, cats.
8. Favorite Tv Shows: Monk, House, Gordon Ramsay's shows
9. Favorite Books: The Lord of The Rings Trilogy.
10. Favorite Place: N/A
11. Favorite Season(s): Winter
12. Favorite Artists: Varied

annik said:
Oh yes totally!
Out of interest did you see the film Control?
Yes, a friend showed it to me once, and now I have it on DVD :) It's still wrapped in foil.. haven't found the courage to actually watch it again - it's a great movie, but it was really depressing..

Vagrant Legacy said:
Yes, a friend showed it to me once, and now I have it on DVD :) It's still wrapped in foil.. haven't found the courage to actually watch it again - it's a great movie, but it was really depressing..

Yeah I always wanted to see it but never did because I feared it would be quite dark to say the least. I have read a biography but it was written by his wife so it wasn't exactly neutral!

annik said:
Vagrant Legacy said:

Yeah I always wanted to see it but never did because I feared it would be quite dark to say the least. I have read a biography but it was written by his wife so it wasn't exactly neutral!

"Quite dark" is an understatement. It does, however, shed some light on why he wrote the songs that he did. It's something you should at least see once, as long as you can handle feeling empty for the rest of that day :p
And yes, a biography by his wife has to be "colored" at the very least, seeing as to how he wasn't exactly the ideal husband.. which is really made clear from the movie..

Oh I like pretty low movies generally so I'm sure I'll see it one day. From the stills pictures I've seen it looks like the bloke playing him did it pretty well.
It was cool reading it though because I'm from round Manchester and a Chinese she mentions is still in the town where I went to school!

annik said:
Oh I like pretty low movies generally so I'm sure I'll see it one day. From the stills pictures I've seen it looks like the bloke playing him did it pretty well.
It was cool reading it though because I'm from round Manchester and a Chinese she mentions is still in the town where I went to school!
Haha, that's awesome :D and yes, the guy who played him not only looks like his long-lost twin brother, but he also plays him fantastically well :)

Latest posts

Back