Favourite childrens tv shows

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deosil

Reaction score
What were your favourite childrens tv shows as a child.

Mine were: Button moon, Knightmare, zzzap, The Riddlers, Greenclaws, Rosie and Jim, Old Bear Stories, Puddle Lane and The Raccoons.

Yes, thats far to many and if I'm being honest... I still watch some of them.

Transformers (G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines)
X-Men
The Animated Spider-Man

Those are the ones that stick out to me the most, although I'm sure there were more.

What were your favourite childrens tv shows as a child.

Mine were: Button moon, Knightmare, zzzap, The Riddlers, Greenclaws, Rosie and Jim, Old Bear Stories, Puddle Lane and The Raccoons.

Yes, thats far to many and if I'm being honest... I still watch some of them.

Nothing wrong with that if you still watch them, not at all! 😀

I think it's good to keep the things that made you happy with you, instead of growing up and acting "too cool" for it like many people do.

I don't recognize a lot of those names though, they must have been UK only, or we didn't get them here in the US anyway. What were they about?

Oooh so many .. but of course, I'm drawing a blank now..
I loved Jem & the Holograms
Thundercats

And the first movie I remember loving was "The Adventures of Milo & Otis" Got my first cat 😺 after I saw that. She lived to be 20, good memories

I bought that movie on DVD many years ago and watched it a few more times..
It's okay that you still watch and enjoy things from your childhood. I'm a very nostalgic person, so to me it is completely normal. ;)

Transformers (G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines)
X-Men
The Animated Spider-Man

Those are the ones that stick out to me the most, although I'm sure there were more.

Nothing wrong with that if you still watch them, not at all! 😀

I think it's good to keep the things that made you happy with you, instead of growing up and acting "too cool" for it like many people do.

I don't recognize a lot of those names though, they must have been UK only, or we didn't get them here in the US anyway. What were they about?
They were UK tv shows, Rosey and Jim, Old bear stories, Puddle land and The Riddlers were kind of just stories using puppet animation. Knightmare was a fantasy rpg childrens show. Zzzap was like a sketch show and The raccons was a US animated show I believe. Greenclaws was a really friendly creature who would grow magical plants (this is where my love for house plants started I think).

I tried ro build a rocket ship out of foil when I was very young because I wanted to go to button moon to visit mr spoon, unfortunately my enginnering skills were wanting.
After watching puddle land, the only thing I wanted to be in life was a wizard who lives in an old house (which is kind of still my only desire). The theme music was so magical and captivating to me, I still sing it today when I'm feeling low as it cheers me up a little.

I tried ro build a rocket ship out of foil when I was very young because I wanted to go to button moon to visit mr spoon, unfortunately my enginnering skills were wanting.
I feel you. With me it was Kite Man. Standing on a small mound, a string tied to me so my buddy could pull me in if I got out of control. Me with my mom's bed sheets cut to fit between my limbs, waiting for a gust to take me aloft... and waiting.

There seemed to be an issue with the weight to lift ratio.

Postman Pat, Fireman Sam, Rosie & Jim, Playdays, Sesame Street and Blue Peter, to name a select few. I was a British child of the 1980s/90s and the shows I mentioned are very much representative of that particular time.

The ones I used to watch out for as kid were : Tiswas, Banana Splits, Michael Bentine's Potty Time (and no, that wasn't anything to do with toilets), Chorlton and the Wheelies to name but a few.

Special mention to The Ren and Stimpy Show - if only that was around when I was young as that would've made things complete :)

I watched most of the cartoons based on comic books. Batman: The Animated Series was my favorite, though I also liked the 90's X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons. I also enjoyed the original Power Rangers series, though I highly doubt it still holds up now. Haha

graphic.jpg

Latest posts

Back