Favourite music of A.L.L. members.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgottendanfan

Reaction score
For me it's mainly rock, classical and jazz, but I also like ambient and world music.

My favourite artists include David Bowie, Steely Dan (hence my username), Neil Young, The Who, Nirvana, The Doors, R.E.M., Metallica, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Paul Simon, The Beatles, Leonard Cohen, Jimi Hendrix, The Grateful Dead etc.

It's hard to pinpoint for me these days. I did a lot of exploring from my teenage years and got into Thrash Metal, Post Rock and Stoner Rock. But I find all sorts of things interesting, some more niche than others: Industrial, 80s Synthpop, Illbient, Vaporwave, Old School Hip Hop, Electronic, Easy Listening and much more.

There are some artists I'll always come back to every now and then, the same way I do with a good video game: Kyuss, Sons of Otis, Yawning Man, Mogwai, Godflesh, Joy Division, Stone Temple Pilots, Tool, The Melvins, t e l e p a t h, Scorn, Techno Animal...

I do have early Metallica, Nirvana and R.E.M. in my library too and enjoy them, but I don't have as much attachment to them. I do have a lot of respect for many of the artists you've listed and they all make good music as far as I'm concerned. Often falls in the category of "I'll listen to it and even like it, but I don't go out of my way to listen to it" ...if that makes any sense.

I'm an 80's child. Growing up, my mum was heavily into rock music. She had a kick-ass stereo that she used to record albums onto cassette. I remember many a day coming home from school and hearing her music blasting throughout the neighbourhood. At the time, I didn't appreciate her music at all, but as an adult I've definitely acquired her musical tastes - along with developing my own, of course. After she passed away, I inherited her extensive record collection - Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, Supertramp, Black Sabbath and The Alan Parsons Project remain some of my favourite bands.

I'm also heavily into 80's New Wave and electronica. Off the top of my head, some favourites: Depeche Mode, Underworld, Moby, The Crystal Method, The Orb, Bowie, Gary Numan. And Kate Bush, but she's in a league of her own - mega fan of hers!

I'm pretty open to all kinds of music though - not a fan of rap and hip-hop though. Or death metal - too heavy.

Depends on the day. Rock, power metall, russian folk rock/dream folk. In my playlist there're Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, SOAD, SOB, Lacrimosa, Beatles, Socrpions, Vanilla Sky, Smokie, The Doors, Guns-N-Roses, Within Temptation, Axxis, some russian bands.

My favorite artists are: Rush, AC/DC, & King's X. I like so many others including many from different genres. Prince, Dream Theater, Alicia Keys, Great White, Van Halen, Mariah Carey, Toni Braxton, Symphony X, Marilyn Manson, Aerosmith, The Cult, wow, just so many, I love music!

ringwood said:
I'm an 80's child. Growing up, my mum was heavily into rock music. She had a kick-ass stereo that she used to record albums onto cassette. I remember many a day coming home from school and hearing her music blasting throughout the neighbourhood. At the time, I didn't appreciate her music at all, but as an adult I've definitely acquired her musical tastes - along with developing my own, of course. After she passed away, I inherited her extensive record collection - Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, Supertramp, Black Sabbath and The Alan Parsons Project remain some of my favourite bands.

I'm also heavily into 80's New Wave and electronica. Off the top of my head, some favourites: Depeche Mode, Underworld, Moby, The Crystal Method, The Orb, Bowie, Gary Numan. And Kate Bush, but she's in a league of her own - mega fan of hers!

I'm pretty open to all kinds of music though - not a fan of rap and hip-hop though. Or death metal - too heavy.

I like all of the artists you mentioned. I've always thought of Kte Bush as being kind of the female David Bowie. Very intelligent, innovative and artful music.

Forgottendanfan said:
ringwood said:

I like all of the artists you mentioned. I've always thought of Kte Bush as being kind of the female David Bowie. Very intelligent, innovative and artful music.

That's a very good comparison. I've never thought of her style in regards to Bowie, but yes - equally experimental and innovative musicians. :)

Forgottendanfan said:
For me it's mainly rock, classical and jazz, but I also like ambient and world music.

My favourite artists include David Bowie, Steely Dan (hence my username), Neil Young, The Who, Nirvana, The Doors, R.E.M., Metallica, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Paul Simon, The Beatles, Leonard Cohen, Jimi Hendrix, The Grateful Dead etc.

I hate to be one of those guys that says "I listen to everything", but I've been all over the place lately.

Mostly I listen to rock of various kinds. And of course like the name says, some ska.

Lately I've been bouncing around a lot though - alternative, metal, psychedelic, even some hip hop lately. I used to not listen to hip hop because growing up, the jerks liked it, the rich kids. They liked songs about money, sex, power, and ego. But since then I've matured somewhat - I realized it was silly to write off a whole genre of music because I didn't like some of its fans, most of whom were probably just bandwagoners anyway. Also, there are many more diverse kinds of it, than the stuff I was exposed to back then. Thinking that's all it was, was an oversimplification. I tend to like the more introspective stuff, jazz rap, things like that.

Latest posts

Back