Feeling no matter what I do, its always wrong.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrong

Silent Hill
Reaction score
Even at work places I've always felt that I am somehow a fraud and that they made a mistake hiring me. That someone else would do a much better job than me.

My self esteem is as low as it can be, I pretty much feel like a piece of honeysuckle all the time and everything I do is wrong. That I make mistakes, always.

You need to start being more kind to yourself! Ask yourself what you would tell someone that you really care about who had the same thoughts. You might tell them that they’re valuable and a unique individual who has something to offer. If someone makes mistakes, that only means that they’re human. Practice makes perfect, so keep trying your best. Obviously your employer thought that you could be great. Now YOU need to start believing it too, and you probably will be! Have some faith in yourself! Love yourself! You are counting on it, and you deserve it from you!💌

Like imposter syndrome? I'm sure a lot of us have that as we aren't exactly our authentic selves at job interviews? If you're qualified for the job then you aren't a fraud. Have you tried any books to improve self esteem? I find REBT useful for that (rational emotional behavioural therapy) basically just look at what you're believing, is it rational, is there any evidence whatsoever to back the beliefs up?

Like imposter syndrome? I'm sure a lot of us have that as we aren't exactly our authentic selves at job interviews? If you're qualified for the job then you aren't a fraud. Have you tried any books to improve self esteem? I find REBT useful for that (rational emotional behavioural therapy) basically just look at what you're believing, is it rational, is there any evidence whatsoever to back the beliefs up?
I agree with this! Imposter Syndrome is very real. I have a fairly advanced position and I have been in it for 6 years. And I still tell myself "I don't belong here".

Latest posts

Back