Foods That You Refuse To Buy Because They Went Up So Much In Price

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There hasn't been anything like that yet, but then again I haven't been doing the shopping.

I just can't wait for this stupid inflation/supply chain/whatever other bullshit that's causing the price spike in everything, to be over. I'm afraid that it's never going to end, and that this is just going to be the price of everything from now on - until the next bullshit thing happens, and it gets even worse.

honeysuckle like this, and other things, makes me wonder if I shouldn't just give up on life and drink. I just really have a hard time with this feeling that a life that doesn't suck, is getting more and more impossible every day.

There hasn't been anything like that yet, but then again I haven't been doing the shopping.

I just can't wait for this stupid inflation/supply chain/whatever other bullshit that's causing the price spike in everything, to be over. I'm afraid that it's never going to end, and that this is just going to be the price of everything from now on - until the next bullshit thing happens, and it gets even worse.

honeysuckle like this, and other things, makes me wonder if I shouldn't just give up on life and drink. I just really have a hard time with this feeling that a life that doesn't suck, is getting more and more impossible every day.
Trust me friend. Drinking your problems away is a very temporary fix. It will only make you worse in the long run. Believe me. I know.

Trust me friend. Drinking your problems away is a very temporary fix. It will only make you worse in the long run. Believe me. I know.

I hear you. Some days I really see no way out, and it is tempting to just quit. But what really keeps me from doing it is all of the empty calories. If I don't like life now, I'll like it even less with a beer belly. Because of that, getting really into booze will never be an option for me.

Everything now is the base price for now. It will continue to get worse. Every time the government spends more money you can bet inflation will go up. The government is supposed to control inflation using interest rates and the stopping of money dumping programs. It's pretty easy to do actually. Limit money - people stop buying - inflation slows. Increase interest rates - people stop buying larger items - prices come down. Supply and demand.

But, the governments have not wanted to do their job for over a decade. It's fun to spend money. It's nice to say, look at how much we've grown (INFLATED) the country. Now the US is finally starting to make small adjustments to the interest rates. Some say too little too late. But, hopefully inflation will start to slow. Also hopefully, China will decide to allow everybody to get back to work soon and stop panicking over the increasing Covid cases. This has been a contributing problem.

The best thing to do is try to enjoy what you can now. Don't wait for tomorrow to get better because the odds are it won't. You'll just be older with less ability to do things. Do something out of the ordinary to reset your mood. Go to a museum, go to a movie, do anything. Don't focus on how much you don't like doing those things. Focus on it's something different and enjoy different parts of it as much as you can. Remove all the pre-judging.

I stopped buying lots of food due to prices a little while ago. But, I can't remember what they were now. I've shifted to the healthest cheap way to eat. Basic vegetables are still cheap. I can pickup a whole cooked cold, not too fresh any more chicken, at Walmart for $3.13 - $4.50 or so. That is unbeatable. One small chicken lasts me two weeks. Obviously I don't eat much of it at one time. That's my protein.

I've noticed the known highly marketed products have increased the most. So, I no longer buy any of those except for Cheerios sometimes. Those prices have definitely gone up. But, we've got to eat.

Latest posts

Back