friends or no friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have any friends or do you choose not to have any friends,I don't have any friends and choose not to have any friends,I like being by myself a lot more than having friends.
I only have one friend that I regularly pal around with, but he's a lot more popular than me and so his time with me is limited, and I have to accept that. I have a couple others that I very occasionally catch up with, but only when it seems to suit them. I consider my wife a friend. I don't mind my own company. It's something I've gotten used to.

My friends are literally my salvation - without them I'd be in trouble. I knew/accepted the fact a long time ago that I'd grow old and die alone as the saying goes, and naturally that's in the course of happening, I mean I'm still here but sadly approaching old age and still alone, at least as far as a lady partner is concerned. BUT, around the same time I came to that realization, I figured out that if I could surround myself with a ton of good friends, neighbors, family, etc (a great dog helps too), I could almost make it through life without romance/love...allllmost. It's my personal "work around" lol. I have some stretches where I wish I had someone special, but it is what it is, so friends are a huge part of my day to day life and a great distraction from that never ending romantic void.

An easier way to think of it is this, if you're a man like me and have always been seen as nothing more than "friend material" in the eyes of most women - then screw it, just roll with that...it's sure better than nothing and honestly, a pretty great way to slink through life if you're cursed in love. Friends are awesome, love mine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back