friends or no friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Friends

animals%20koalas%20australia%202560x1920%20wallpaper_www.knowledgehi.com_66.jpg

Friends? Ha...I have had a few people I would occasionally associate with but as far as someone I trust and confide in...nope. Originally the issue was trust or rather lack of trust which stemmed from some stupid high school honeysuckle that just snowballed. I gave up then and have never needed or wanted a female friend since. I’ve had people from my fun days try to reconnect but it just seems like work and is exhausting. I would eventually push them away so I don’t see the point.

Do you have any friends or do you choose not to have any friends,I don't have any friends and choose not to have any friends,I like being by myself a lot more than having friends.
Good post! And good on you for knowing what you need. You seem to be very comfortable being with yourself, which is something that I need to work on.

Yes, I do have a few close friends that I regularly see, so I consider myself very lucky. And yet, I still experience fairly intense loneliness when not with those friends. I think it is because I feel that I am not a part of something bigger, that I am not connected to a bigger community. Not sure how to rectify that.

Good post! And good on you for knowing what you need. You seem to be very comfortable being with yourself, which is something that I need to work on.

Yes, I do have a few close friends that I regularly see, so I consider myself very lucky. And yet, I still experience fairly intense loneliness when not with those friends. I think it is because I feel that I am not a part of something bigger, that I am not connected to a bigger community. Not sure how to rectify that.
Hey thanks 🙂

I do have my friends on here,other forum sites and on my tik tok.

So far I've had one person who accepts me as I am irl. Something I'm working on--starting tomorrow--is not be so hard on myself & stop worrying so much about things I can't control.

I bet that has something to do with it.
One person accepting you for you is better than a handful that talks honeysuckle about you behind your back. Im not saying its not possible to have several truly good friends but one is definitely worth cherishing. So, you worry or you borrow trouble?

One person accepting you for you is better than a handful that talks honeysuckle about you behind your back. Im not saying its not possible to have several truly good friends but one is definitely worth cherishing. So, you worry or you borrow trouble?
You're right. He's been my bf for years. I worry about what might happen in the future. And I have regrets about the past.

Don't have any friends offline. I just do not click with 99% of people in real life and have below average social skills which makes me not enjoyable to be around while online it is the opposite as I'm assumed to be a womanizer and an extroverted lurker until the people are surprised of my answer to this. The best friends I make with - those who perfectly seem to match me are at the other end of the world.

I went out with a few guys to the gym a 2 weeks ago but lasted only for three hours where my social energy depleted and I craved home. I barely talked and that only because one of them initiates words with me. I almost never have anything to say and talk only when I have to talk. I never went out again after that.

I would have no problems with a single friend who would understand and be compatible with me.

Last edited:
Do you have any friends or do you choose not to have any friends,I don't have any friends and choose not to have any friends,I like being by myself a lot more than having friends.
I have one good friend that I can talk to about most things, and a couple other friends that I occasionally go on an outing with but wouldn't share much deep conversation with. That's all I have apart from my wife, who I also consider a good friend who I can say almost anything to and knows me pretty well. I've never had many friends though and have always felt awkward in larger groups of work colleagues or associates. I've often felt like I was the go to choice after all other options were exhausted. I really don't care anymore about having lots of friends. I actually prefer spending time with only two or three friends at most. I don't mind spending time on my own either.

I have a handful of good friends, but they currently live all over the country. And they're all dealing with a lot of stuff in their own lives (dying parent, health problems, divorce, etc.), so I don't talk to them as often as I'd like lately.

Latest posts

Back