friends or no friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have any friends or do you choose not to have any friends,I don't have any friends and choose not to have any friends,I like being by myself a lot more than having friends.
I do enjoy alone time immersing in hobbies but I'd like to have a friend or two. But I am concerned how much energy I can have since I get depressed every now and then. I'm not sure how long friends can be understanding when you decline invitations or just don't seem excited to see them you know?

I do enjoy alone time immersing in hobbies but I'd like to have a friend or two. But I am concerned how much energy I can have since I get depressed every now and then. I'm not sure how long friends can be understanding when you decline invitations or just don't seem excited to see them you know?
The problem I find now I am on my own is; when things go sideways for me, and you need some help / assistance its not there, but again was it anyway, if I was a Butt kisser, I think not. Lol… as I just about have no friends; after winning the Mr universe competition for the most UN -popular person in the universe. I am just plainly way too honest and often outspoken for 95% of earthlings. Most can’t begin to handle that, But I can, but I have doding for about 1000 years, getting to know me, introspectioon, know my weaknesses and errors, But I have never spretendedto be Jesus. in short most do not knowselves,but they believe they excel in somehow knowing everyone else, shame they put that effort in on themselves, but they way prefer, fantasies and delusions about themselves and these plastic, fake perceptions of this rock. I do love to be positive though, only when I see it, did I miss something? HAHHA!!

Last edited:
Yes I do,I understand,it can be very frustrating.

Nope. I have ADD, mental illness, scars from cutting, and overweight. No one wants to be around the guy with scars on his arms and the "slow" person.

Nope. I have ADD, mental illness, scars from cutting, and overweight. No one wants to be around the guy with scars on his arms and the "slow" person.
So is little bit of a Self fulfilling prophecy then ! You manifest your inner view about yourself externally, the visual appearance reflects the inner self. As the bible says ( Jesus said, first clean the inside of the cup, and the outside will become clean). Its like saying, NOT EASY, change your view of yourself, in time it be reflected outwardly, the opposite of now. Think about your strengths and skills, look for the +s about yourself, and build on them. Everyone has something to give and add, dig for it and feed it! I have faith in the Spirit, you are way stronger than you think. LOVE!!

Last edited:
For me having no friends is the best. Because my friends from secondary school (high school) always let me down regarding plans etc a few years after we left school. Now if i meet someone i am always just waiting for the time they fresia me over or leave me feeling disappointed which doesn't take long :ROFLMAO:. I do want a gf though :ROFLMAO:

For me having no friends is the best. Because my friends from secondary school (high school) always let me down regarding plans etc a few years after we left school. Now if i meet someone i am always just waiting for the time they fresia me over or leave me feeling disappointed which doesn't take long :ROFLMAO:. I do want a gf though :ROFLMAO:
HAHA, Your not the only one in that boat!

I am usually pretty content with being calm and not in touch with as many as I used to. Before I was hyper social, always wanting to distract myself by going out and whatnot. I've calmed down alot with age and now I only need a few close ones. I like the way I am now and I try to never throw away something good cause the good ones are so far between.

I wish I had one or two true friends. some of the friends I had ended up turning on me, the others just didn't seem to truly want to maintain the relationship, it seemed, it would often feel like I was imposing so the friendship drifted apart.

And , what is a friend ? description, As I can't find NOT one, they have all fallen short, and I am 66 years old, and have met all sorts of social groups in my life. I have never came across one genuine altruistic person, NOT ONE! Except one, my wife of 42 years who God has taken home, and my dogs and they are all gone to. Thats about it. I am a realist, the reality today is humanity sucks..
I am in the same situation. I am in my 50's, no family, no friends. The only thing I worry about is I have no one to manage my health care or financial matters when I get sick. All health care facilities require an emergency contact person, and I have none.

Last edited:
I am in the same situation. I am in my 50's, no family, no friends. The only thing I worry about is I have no one to manage my health care or financial matters when I get sick. All health care facilities require an emergency contact person, and I have none.
Your correct, seems 98% the very same as myself. I could die were I live, and I joke not, it would be possible that 2 to 4 months would go past being anyone would know. I used a worry about starving, or illenss, as could not look after myself. Now, most of the time if honest, I try not to think about it. Live each day as it comes. I have a mega strong belif in God. I never fear so called death, I fear how it happens. But I am Fortunate a while ago someone left enough Morphine enough to kill a heard of African elephants. I never normally take drugs, still don’t, but I keep it in cool dark room, Should Some terrible thing happen to me and I can’t get it sorted out. Or I get some horrible condition like advanced dementia or something. About 10 or 15 mill. And I would go to sleep and just never wake up. Its my ultimate backup, Which I hope I will never need. But it helps me to know its there should that worse thing happen! Still own a number weapons, eg .44cal revolver ) 2 week after she left I loaded it up. Instantly fast, a millisecond and its all over. But NOT an option for me. ( but 2 years ago I did load up and I was going to do it, I just could not live without her, she was my life.) On the way home to do this thing, I felt God say its not my time and my wife will not be happy with this thing, and what about my Dogs who are my only family, who is going to look after them; so Obviously it never happened, but at one point I was doing it 100% scary when I think back. But its Way too messy and the poor person who would end up cleaning the mess up, No, no. not for me. Slowly and peacefully drift off to sleep, and never way up is the way to go. But that’s all negative. I just do my very, best now be as positive as I humanly can and put it all in the hands of God, but that’s me, but I still so, so miss my Soul mate, we never get over these things we just learn to live with them. I just try not to think about her, its just way too painful for me to do, brakes me in two.. I now use my experience and Psychology science background on myself, Hoo it works. hahah, it helps me anyway!

Last edited:
Same situation as you and Normski. I don't even have any animals. I've checked into long term health insurance. But, as of the past decade many long term health insurance companies have jumped ship. It's no longer profittable for them. The rates are getting really high too. Since it's an insurance policy, if the company goes under that you paid into for years you are screwed.

I figure if I die, I'm dead so nothing matters after that. If I get seriously injured or sick and can't get to help then I'll get to experience that part of life before I die. That's what I figured I would do with the Covid thing.

But, I will be steering myself towards an assisted living facility if/when I start loosing my mind or health in a bad way. My home means nothing to me. I might even like it better at an assisted living facility. To be honest, I thought about volunteering at an assisted living facility as a way of getting myself into one when I get older. My dad was planning on doing that. He even visited a few of them. But, he got sick and died before that happened.

Same situation as you and Normski. I don't even have any animals. I've checked into long term health insurance. But, as of the past decade many long term health insurance companies have jumped ship. It's no longer profittable for them. The rates are getting really high too. Since it's an insurance policy, if the company goes under that you paid into for years you are screwed.

I figure if I die, I'm dead so nothing matters after that. If I get seriously injured or sick and can't get to help then I'll get to experience that part of life before I die. That's what I figured I would do with the Covid thing.

But, I will be steering myself towards an assisted living facility if/when I start loosing my mind or health in a bad way. My home means nothing to me. I might even like it better at an assisted living facility. To be honest, I thought about volunteering at an assisted living facility as a way of getting myself into one when I get older. My dad was planning on doing that. He even visited a few of them. But, he got sick and died before that happened.

Assisted living facility, I kind of get that, but care homes scare me. Almost like a prison or at least many/some of them are, Being directly forced or bullied into whatever. Often staffed by those have social issues that they take their aggression, and unhappiness out on the vulnerable within in the home. NOT for me. Society has become sick and warped, full of contradictions and inconsistencies No wonder so many of us types have hang ups and problems, fully understandable for many of us here. I honestly feel, most of the time. I am in the wrong world; somehow I got off at wrong bus stop and ended up at planet stupid or something. I just don’t belong here, but here I am, and I am just trying to make the best of it.

dog and cats are good for the like of us lot, I find that to be true. They don’t lie, cheat, and they don’t stab you in the back, or talk about you, way better than 99.5% of humanity.

There is not a lot a people near me, but enough, but most or near all do not like me, I am not one of the flock or the 98% I am mentality very different from the flock. my views fly in the face of near everything they hold as true. They become almost vicious and very nasty, ridiculing and laughing as they think I am an utter B.S artist because, but I know things they could not dream of knowing. The longer I have stayed away from society and social groups, the more clear and distant I am from them, I have almost zero in common with them all. I feel I live in a difference universe to them. And to be honest most I see and listen to are like little chillden; I am sitting and watching 5 to 8 years old all playing together in a group acting like 5 to 8 years olds. Only difference is, they are 40 to 70 year old ( people). I am in a very, very difference place. The white bird in the black flock and the longer I am separate from them the more imbecile and childish they appear to me. But no one is an island, as you say ,at times we need an extra hand, If a hard dilemma for me to equate.
You know one guy, I had the miss fortune to get stuck UMM in a conversation with the other day, said to me “ its about time I move on from wife” after 42 years of being with her. He says that after 2 years of her being gone/ not here. The arrogant PRICK! I said almost nothing to that, but in my head I thought ( what the fresia does he know, lecturing me, carrying as though somehow he knew how I felt, and the suffering and pain I go though daily, and so an example of most people, but there was more , yea he have to world taped but He knew NOTHING All, I call them talking Zombies, and that’s a reasonably accurate summary today. Everyone on this forum has problems of their own, me Inc, I try to understand, empathies. But as said before, I cannot have your feelings, pains, worries, and concerns you all have, I would not begin to be that arrogant, but these type of Zombies talk to you as somehow you have lived in some cave all your life, and you know jack honeysuckle about life and yourself. Sorry for me that’s just beyond words!

At one time 4 or 5 years ish ago, the internet was a place to meet and talk to people and strike discussions, arguments up on sorts, lots of people sometimes asked reasonable questions and you could express yourself almost no mater how radical your perspective was; all gone. Like everything else, its been taken over the algorithmic bots, everything has to be P.C. Notice Youtube for example, and many other sites not so different. Most of the time now, no body answers you anymore. Even the thumbs up or dislike symbols are controlled. Click on the thumbs down icon. No numbers there is there. but click on the thumbs up Hoo look 10, 100, 50000000 OK’s are all there. its controlled down the last . and the tolls and much more is going on, I see it. Go check it out you will see! But that’s one of countless other examples I could name, So, am I mad or are they, I am going for the they mad box! I also do not dismiss the idea people like me are targeted, to mess you up, and make you look and sound like some moron. Since my stroke/and heart attack I now suffer form aphasia, my writing is a mess and my comms skills are now screwed up. So you use MS spell checker as I now I make many errors in grammar and spelling. I type stuff out do spelling check and grammar stuff to make sure its correct. I copy and past the thing into somewhere here for example. I recheck it and all of all of a sudden the grammar errors + spelling errors are everywhere. In the past that would not happen. Now it does, the question is why they would target the like of me, easy really, I open my mouth as they say, I try to wake people up to the reality and truth, which they are so disparate to hide. Sounds crazy, but I know of 100s even 1000s around the world who say the very same things. As everything is rigged, a lie, a deception, too keep us dumb-ed down, I see it, I see it all, People say, so what is the truth then, I say 98% of the time; “you could not begin to handle the truth” …

There is an EVIL in this world most could not begin to imagine. I have the evidence/ the proof so its no figment of my imagination. I pride myself for many years in personal introspection, self analysis, using logic, reason, science , and a philosophical mind. I know what is going, on and as said, to the most part I can prove it, no one wants know and no one want to listen, they just think I am nuts, But, Sadly, I seem to have this odd drive to evangelise about such things, maybe this drive comes from a different dimension, that speculation on my part, but who knows!!

Last edited:
dog and cats are good for the like of us lot, I find that to be true. They don’t lie, cheat, and they don’t stab you in the back, or talk about you, way better than 99.5% of humanity.
Yep. They don't judge either. They are excited that you are there. That food and water is all they need. To them we are totally awesome! I wish one person thought I was totally awesome! That would be great!

There is not a lot a people near me, but enough, but most or near all do not like me,.......
Yeah, people are big time into judging others now. If you are not like them or think like them then there is something wrong with you. Then you are unliked and become a target.

As everything is rigged, a lie, a deception, too keep us dumb-ed down, I see it, I see it all, People say, so what is the truth then, I say 98% of the time; “you could not begin to handle the truth” …
Yep, life is rigged. There are more and more controls. Most, IMO, are just walking around like robot zombies. But, I think many are starting to realize things are a scam and that are frustrated. But, that don't know what to do. In the end, they follow the herd around and do and think as they are told.

Yep. They don't judge either. They are excited that you are there. That food and water is all they need. To them we are totally awesome! I wish one person thought I was totally awesome! That would be great!

Yeah, people are big time into judging others now. If you are not like them or think like them then there is something wrong with you. Then you are unliked and become a target.

Yep, life is rigged. There are more and more controls. Most, IMO, are just walking around like robot zombies. But, I think many are starting to realize things are a scam and that are frustrated. But, that don't know what to do. In the end, they follow the herd around and do and think as they are told.
I think you are awesome

And, then the like of us turn up, and they call us MAD, or Imbalanced, are we ? or are they? Got to get yourself put right, Another term for reprogrammed to be compliant to their Twisted narrative.

Latest posts

Back