Fun?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love to have fun and laugh, so it's all kind of relevant, right? Let's see though... I'd have to say Christmas Day was a blast as all of my boys were in town with their ladies and my mom and bf and we had a houseful of food, karaoke, board games and hugs....
We used to LOVE to do scavenger hunts when the boys were younger!!

I actually have fun posting on this forum, though things don't always go as planned and I've had a few "incidents," but overall the atmosphere is a decent one. But you might be looking for something more social than that. I have nothing that compares to the posts above, most of my fun occurs while reading, watching a documentary (we just watched a great one on penguins last night, so that was fun) or something interesting that comes along. My family doesn't really do gatherings like the ones above and never really did. I do live with my wife, so I'm not alone, but her family doesn't really have gatherings, either, so we end up doing things with each other or by ourselves. For me, my hobbies are fun, so that helps, but I haven't been to a party or a gathering of people for a long time.

I do something fun every day! Or at least, I laugh at something every day so I figure I’m having fun. 😁

Something as simple as coming to this forum and seeing what you wild and crazy people are up to is fun. Or I might have a sarcastic bitching session with my co-worker about our boss and his endless Google doc addiction. Or have a good laugh with my sweetie who has a wicked sense of humour and makes me laugh every day. Or get into a good video game or sit and build Lego or watch a movie. All that kind of stuff falls into the realm of ‘fun’ for me.

Like ewomack, we don’t really do ‘gatherings’ - it’s myself, my hubby and son and sometimes we have a friend over for a few days. We don’t have any extended family who live nearby.

I don't do fun gatherings either! I usually try and pretend I'm having fun in a group if fun is the goal and I have to be there.
The idea of what fun is changes so much through life, I just like having a laugh with my husband these days.

Waxed my legs with... sugar wax... stained my sofa 🥺 Realised I am worth soo much more than my sofa...went on a shopping trip to cheer up 😇

Just felt like posting this here:

iu

Fun has always been a strange concept to me, even as a youth, heh. I feel like I'd need to define what it is, to know if I've had any lately, lol. I suppose to me it's when you feel light, aren't really self aware (or overly so), and just in the moment, while simultaneously enjoying yourself; and I'd also throw in a sense of connection as well.

So fun lately? Doubt it. I did thoroughly enjoy a good book a few months ago, more so than I would have thought possible...

Fun, hehe. I find it a bit funny.. lol

When was the last time you had fun? Mine was when my son visited for Christmas. I made a scavenger hunt throughout my house for him to find cash. I like my hobbies but don't consider them fun; they are time fillers.

It's been a while, because I've been sad for a while. Mostly I've felt that things have been more "time fillers" for me, too.
It makes it hard for me to know what I really enjoy, or what I really want to do with my life, or what's really meaningful to me.

Last edited:
I was playing at my kitchen table by myself, using a small ball made of cardboard and throwing it with both my thumbs through an imaginary goal....I know. I'm 5. But I don't have anyone to run naked and drunk in the snow with😜

If there's anything I genuinely can say that I feel that I'm blessed by, it's that I'm blessed by the ability to be easily entertained. 😁

That being said, what I consider to be "fun," most people consider to be boring and just what they do in downtime while droning/brooding or waiting for something fun to show up in their lives.

I can get easily lost in Wikipedia rabbit holes and sewing together disarticulated cross-referenced material between Wikipedia, Encyclopedia Britannica and whatever else I can Google up on keyword searching on any particular subject or another.

It's a clever money saving technique to have cheap or free entertainment, and that's exactly why I utilize the fact that I'm easily entertained.

Sure, I could go to an $80 convention at the cost of $40 in gas and probably $200 for a hotel overnight all in the next town over....but do I really need to spend $320 on an enjoyable time?? I'm not really a social person, so in order for me to do something like that it's REALLY got to be worth it.

Concerts were my thing in my younger years, because I like a lot of European music that doesn't really come here to America, let alone the Bible Belt of the U.S., so a small handful of those concerts really were Once In A Lifetime Opportunities. ---And even then, it still didn't/wouldn't cost me $320.

I guess the benefits of being a Creative Introvert is that I'm easily entertained and can do so on a budget very easily.

fun is subjective.....there are also different levels of fun....I mean I can have fun playing a video game, but that isn't the same kind of fun I could have if I had a significant other if you know what I mean..lol

fun is subjective.....there are also different levels of fun....I mean I can have fun playing a video game, but that isn't the same kind of fun I could have if I had a significant other if you know what I mean..lol

That's what she said?
👉😂👉

Latest posts

Back