Gamers More Social?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh, that is interesting. Most of the gamers I know have at least a college degree and often more (I have a master's), but few of them are very social. Obviously, the population of "gamers" is huge and it's hard to put people in boxes. Still, cool article.

I'm always hesitant about reading statistics about "gamers". To people like myself who consider themselves one, a gamer is a person who plays something that required an actual purchase and on either a console or PC. We generally aren't talking about those who play candy crush on their cell phones, or minesweeper or solitare. Yet these numbers and percentages always include the latter.

polls can be made to look like anything the person wants.

I love ******* science is an aweful name. I guess it is fun to say fresia for some people.

Once i quit drinking i decided to have dignity so here is something i say to myself sometimes. Is this something i would say in front of my mother? And if the answer is no maybe I do not want to be behaving that way.

Whatever happened to nice clean language?

Well, the reason why gamers were thought to be nonsocial in the first place was because of the nature of gaming. For a long time since the release of games, the max number of people to play is 2. With only a handful of people that would ever want to "stand in line" to play. This bottlenecks the potential for socializing. Fastforward 40 years and you have today, where any non-singleplayer game can be played by at least 4 people at the same time with many more people that would want to stand in line to play. Plus, with the internet, the audience increases from perhaps up to 10 to 100,000+

Talking about games is much easier. Back then you had to talk to people in person, or call them up on the phone one at a time. To say that Gamers are automatically anti social is not completely accurate, they were just bound by their interest and situation at the time to be anti social. But now the situation does not bind one to be anti social. So those who didn't want to be anti social are now capable of being social.

+1 to games. By the way, did anyone else catch E3?

Limlim said:
I'm always hesitant about reading statistics about "gamers". To people like myself who consider themselves one, a gamer is a person who plays something that required an actual purchase and on either a console or PC. We generally aren't talking about those who play candy crush on their cell phones, or minesweeper or solitare. Yet these numbers and percentages always include the latter.

Dude! Candy Crush is VICIOUS. :club:
I don't actually play that game, but I've seen things.....and don't even get me started on Farmville. :p

Latest posts

Back